Driving license exchange Oman UAE

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Driving license exchange Oman UAE

Postby Pankajverma » 03 Nov 2009, 12:10

Hi

I have a Oman Driving License from Jan 2005. I am looking for a job in UAE. I want to know about UAE Driving License because i heard that now rules are changed in UAE. I have to go for Driving Test again or i can convert Omani DL to UAE DL

Thanks in Advance
Pankajverma
visitor

UAE driver's licence exchange from Oman

Postby shawarma » 03 Nov 2009, 16:06

Hello Pankajverma and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

As far as I know, the following applies for obtaining a UAE driver's licence

1. GCC nationals (which includes Omanis) can either drive on their GCC licence or exchange it for a UAE license (I'm not sure which).

2. Some foreign nationals can do UAE and Dubai driving licence exchange without the driving tests. They have to change their home country licence.

3. Anyone else has to do the driving test.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Driving license exchange Oman UAE

Postby Pankajverma » 04 Nov 2009, 07:43

I think your first reply is not correct b/c i have checked with one of Driving school in UAE Dubai Rashidiya. she was saying that if i have GCC DL from last seven year then it may directly exchange with UAE license otherwise i have to go for Driving test.

After getting GCC DL only one advantage is that i can go Directly Road Test instead of Going Drum & Slope Test.

I just want to know that this seven Year rule is valid or Not or any otherway that i can directly change my Omani DL to UAE DL (By the way I am not Omani National. )

Thanks
Pankajverma
visitor

Re: Driving license exchange Oman UAE

Postby shawarma » 04 Nov 2009, 10:15

That's possible. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and I doubt it will be the last. Good news for expats in the GCC then.

You could check with the Roads and Transport Authority in Dubai (RTA), Dubai Police, or police in another emirate for an official answer. Although sometimes it seems as though the RTA and Dubai Police don't always agree.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Residents and visitors UAE