What is ELTE exam?

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

What is ELTE exam?

Postby kepepish » 11 Aug 2009, 05:18

Hi,

I have some Question to ask about ELTE exam,
What is ELTE exam? I never heard about ELTE exam what i've heard is TOEFL, SAT and IGCSE

Because thats my Entrance Exam for my University that i am going to study in Dubai, I just want to clearly know what exactly it is.

can anyone help me?

Thank you
kepepish
visitor

ELTE exam?

Postby shawarma » 11 Aug 2009, 15:07

Hello kepepish and welcome to the Dubai education forum :).

I haven't heard of ELTE, maybe English Language Teaching Exam? Training Exam? Experience? English Language Test? I'm guessing here.

There is a reference to ELTE (College English Test Score) with the Emirates Aviation College (EAC) in Dubai. Looks like an internal test they do.
ELTE also refers to a university in Hungary - Eötvös Lóránd University in Budapest. Don't know if that makes any sense to you.
Might also be something to do with English Literature?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: What is ELTE exam?

Postby kepepish » 11 Aug 2009, 22:16

probably English Language Test Examination (ELTE)

and yes, I'm going to study in EAC(Emirates Aviation College), I'm going to dubai this Thursday

do you have any idea what kind of entrance exam their giving for the new student that is going to enroll in EAC? so i could prepare for it.

because I'm a bit nervous hehehe

thank you for replying back shawarma
kepepish
visitor

ELTE exam Emirates Aviation College

Postby shawarma » 11 Aug 2009, 23:56

kepepish wrote:do you have any idea what kind of entrance exam their giving for the new student that is going to enroll in EAC?

Ah no. But given that their application form offers it as an alternative to stating an IELTS or TOEFL score, I'd expect it to be similar to one of those exams. Anyway, my guess is that those exams are used to place you in an appropriate class, not deny entry unless your English is very weak. Based on your posting here, your English seems good enough to me. Capitalize the first letter of your sentences, and use full stops in the test would help :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: What is ELTE exam?

Postby Somebody » 21 Jun 2011, 16:06

SO i know 2 years past
but now i have to write this ELTE exam to pass to Emirates Aviation College could you pls just tell me what is this ELTE exam ?
Somebody

Return to Education in the UAE