Daycare nursery in RAK startup information?

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Daycare nursery in RAK startup information?

Postby sampati » 29 Sep 2009, 15:34

hi
i am staying in rak
i want 2 open a daycare nersury in rak,so i am not getting proper guidance.
so please help me
sampati
backpacker

Starting a nursery in RAK

Postby shawarma » 29 Sep 2009, 16:52

Hello sampati and welcome to the RAK forums :).

Start with the Ministry of Education in Ras Al Khaimah and/or the Economic Department and/or the Chamber of Commerce. They should give you the information you need for trade licences etc. From there you'll need to find a sponsor, location, developer if constructing a new building, etc.

You could try contacting one of the existing nurseries in Ras Al Khaimah to see if they would be prepared to give you some information about getting started.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

help

Postby sampati » 30 Sep 2009, 16:13

thanx for ur information
but i want 2 know that wht is the roll of the sponser?does he will invest all the money in any kind of business or bank will give the loan.
if bank will give,then on what besis bank will give?
i read in newspaper about business setup proffetionals,can they help me?

[edit by moderator] This post merged with original topic, please keep replies in the same topic unless starting a new subject. Thanks. [/edit]
sampati
backpacker

Sponsors in Ras Al Khaimah

Postby shawarma » 30 Sep 2009, 17:11

1. That depends on what you negotiate with him or her. A common arrangement is the business owner pays the sponsor an annual fee for the sponsorship and the sponsor takes no active role in the business.
2. It's less common for a sponsor to invest in a business. You would be more likely to get a loan from a bank.
3. You should make an appointment with a couple of different banks to get an idea of the requirements under which they'll lend you money. Some banks have a business advisor sort of person who can provide more information. Usually a bank will expect to see at least sufficient assets to back up the loan, and/or a guarantor.
4. Yes that's possible. I don't have any information about how good (or bad) they are though. I would suggest you talk to at least 2 or 3 to get a basis for comparison of services and costs.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Daycare nursery in RAK startup information?

Postby tanweer » 27 Oct 2009, 22:34

call me, maybe we can help/ partner. we already have a licence for a day care in RAK but haven't opened yet
050 8799160.
tanweer
visitor

Re: Daycare nursery in RAK startup information?

Postby Firoz_72 » 01 Mar 2011, 11:36

Hi,

Interesting discussion on opening up daycare nursery in RAK. Thank you all for you information. Has anyone done demand research for this service? Are there enough parents working full time jobs that need their children to be taken care of? How is the competition for daycare nurseries in RAK? Is it tough like in Dubai? This and any other information will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Firoz_72

Return to Education in the UAE