Teaching job information UAE

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Teaching job information UAE

Postby SeanH » 02 Nov 2009, 11:00

My wife and I are looking into the possibility of teaching in UAE. At present I am a Manager/Methodist for an international private English school and based in Mongolia.
We are both qualified teachers with a young son, and would be looking into taking a position next year when our present contract expires.
My wife teaches German, Russian and English with University teaching behind her.
We are from London via Ireland and have teaching experience in Russia and Asia of course.
So can anyone put me in the right direction toward suitable schools you can recommend? As you may understand, this search criteria is a minefield and better to ask those whom live and have worked there, including any natives.
Much appreciation

Sean
SeanH
visitor

Russian German schools UAE

Postby shawarma » 02 Nov 2009, 13:39

Hello Sean and welcome to the UAE teaching forum :).

Here's some information to get you started.

Teaching in the UAE - general information about teaching in Dubai and the UAE, what's good and bad about teaching here, things to watch out for, etc
Dubai Russian School - information about the Russian school in Dubai. Might not be what you're looking for though. I don't know of any schools that have Russian as a language, or any other Russian curriculum schools in the UAE.
Dubai German School - there might be a few other schools that have German as a language option.
Abu Dhabi German School
Sharjah German School
List of UAE schools - you can filter by curriculum type, emirate, courses. Most schools should have a student, teacher, parent rating (but take them with a pinch of salt).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Teaching job information UAE

Postby SeanH » 03 Nov 2009, 07:56

That's smashing, much gratitude.

Sean
SeanH
visitor

Return to Education in the UAE