Special needs educator Dubai

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Special needs educator Dubai

Postby narduram » 23 Nov 2009, 20:31

I m a parent of a special needs child. I have done my M.A in Child Care and Education and have done a course in Disability Management at the Indira Gandhi Open University I have landed here in Dubai a fortnight ago. Can i teach any special children at my residence or there would be any objection.

Uma Ramakrishnan
narduram
visitor

Special needs tuition in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 23 Nov 2009, 22:24

I guess that's similar to teachers offering tuition in Dubai in mainstream subjects. Technically it's not permitted since teachers are usually employed and sponsored by the school where they are teaching at, not the parents of the students they are tutoring. But it is quite common.

To do something like that legally I expect you would have to establish a tutoring business or consultancy of some sort, and get permission from the KHDA. If there are medical issues involved then there might be Ministry of Health requirements to satisfy also.

You could try contacting Dubai Knowledge Village DKV to see if setting up there is a suitable option. DKV is a free zone in Dubai dedicated to educational institutes and support services.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Education in the UAE