Dubai schools star ratings criteria

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Dubai schools star ratings criteria

Postby The Salient One » 13 Feb 2008, 19:25

shawarma wrote:Have a look at the List of schools in Dubai for names of schools. The ones with 4 or 5 stars are more likely to have track facilities but many of the newer schools don't have a rating and probably have better facilities - look for ones that opened in 2005 or later.

What ais your rubrics for determining the number of stars? Many of them do not have any rating at all ?
Under teachers: Are you rating the parents view on the quality of instruction or are you rating job satisfaction of the teachers (ie working conditions, contracts, etc,..)?

Look forward to your response,

The Salient One
The Salient One- Dubai 8/ 2008
The Salient One
backpacker

Re: Dubai schools star ratings criteria

Postby shawarma » 14 Feb 2008, 14:14

This post seems better suited to a topic on it's own rather than a reply to the topic where you had it (sorry, I forgot which one, otherwise I'd include a link).

There's some explanation on the List of schools in Dubai page but in summary, the star ratings are subjective based on general knowledge of schools, and comments received from parents, teachers, students, which is why there are a limited number of ratings. Actually, I thought that was what the page said but I'll check again.

I'm looking at an alternative system which would mean people could add their own ratings, and an average is produced for the information pages.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Dubai schools star ratings criteria

Postby shawarma » 01 Oct 2008, 13:00

The school rating system has been updated - each page has a user voting submission option and the output is the average of all submitted votes. The old system is being removed. Here's more details about the UAE school rating voting system :).
shawarma

DSIB Dubai

Postby shawarma » 02 Apr 2009, 12:01

A subsidiary of the KHDA, the Dubai School Inspections Bureau (DSIB), inspected Dubai schools from October to December 2008 and released the first batch of results today ...

Dubai school inspections 2009 - a summary of the results today.
DSIB school inspections discussion - forum topic for feedback and comments.
shawarma

Return to Education in the UAE