Transfer rule from UAE Ministry of Education

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Transfer rule from UAE Ministry of Education

Postby Jennifer » 08 Mar 2008, 20:39

My son, Grade 7, is going to one of the international school in Sharjah. Apparently, he received 3 suspensions on 3 different situations. The first one was the judged unfairly and the last one was just an allegations. He is now affected and does not want to go back to the same school. Is it true the Ministry does not allow transferee after the first term?
Please help us because we dont want him to miss school and loose a year. In addition, where in Ministry of Education we can log on a complain for this justification.
We are desperate parents looking a future for our child.

Jennifer
Jennifer
visitor

Re: Transfer rule from UAE Ministry of Education

Postby shawarma » 10 Mar 2008, 11:48

Hello Jennifer and welcome to the forums in Dubai :).

Sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you have 2 issues here.

1. You want to complain to the Ministry of Education about your son's suspensions?
2. You want to apply for a transfer to a new school?

I'm not from the Ministry of Education or the school your son is at so I can't really speak for them, I'm just another member of this forum really :). What I would suggest though is

1. Assuming you can't resolve the issue directly with the school, you'd have to contact the Ministry of Education to file a complaint about the school.
2. I'd suggest you contact a new school that you would like your son to go to, and first ask them if they have any places available (the school might be full), and then ask them what they suggest to arrange a transfer in the middle of the year. They are more likely to know how to go about it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby Jennifer » 10 Mar 2008, 21:04

Thanks for the suggestions.
Scouting around so far, I found only one school willing to take him which is in Dubai and we might consider.

Jennifer
Jennifer
visitor

Postby shawarma » 02 Aug 2008, 13:51

Thanks for your latest reply. Moved to Star International School in Al Tawar topic.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Education in the UAE