Nursery school teacher salaries in Dubai?

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: UAE schools | UAE universities | UAE MBA courses

Nursery school teacher salaries in Dubai?

Postby Nadia » 13 May 2008, 19:22

Hello,

I am working as a nursery teacher here in Dubai, i was wondering what a fair wage is out here.

I am English and earning 5500 dhs p.m (without other perks like housing, travel allowance, flight home etc) i work 8 - 4:30, 5 days a week.

I am fully quallified with 11 years experience.

I cant help but think that i am being under paid.

what do you think?

Claire
Nadia
visitor

Re: Nursery school teacher salaries in Dubai?

Postby shawarma » 22 May 2008, 11:49

For a nursery school teacher, that sounds about average to me. Sorry, that's not really what you want to hear :( but it's common for nursery teachers to be paid less than primary school teachers. And primary salaries are less than high school, and high school salaries are less than tertiary education salaries. There are of course always exceptions but I expect they'd be fewer for nurseries than for schools. I would say it's rare for nursery school teachers to get a full overseas package. Management of schools and nurseries operate on the theory that there are plenty of housewives available, who are already here because their husbands have an senior level job providing the overseas package (I don't mean that to sound disparaging, I just trying to reflect the common perception).

Where you might see an improvement in your salary is if you could find a job at a good K-12 school in the kindergarten department.

There was an article earlier this week in the Gulf News about teacher salaries (search gulfnews.com - it's easier if you use Google eg teacher salaries site:gulfnews.com). I can't remember if nursery school salaries were covered but the range of teacher salaries was something like 2,000-20,000 dhs per month.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/salaries-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/nurseries-dubai.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Education in the UAE