Bandulu Dub

Sports, hobbies, clubs, art, culture, entertainment, restaurants, bars, nightclubs in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and other UAE emirates ...

Bandulu Dub

Postby Lydia » 17 Feb 2009, 03:02

Greeting to all elements:

How are you?

My name is Lidia Oliveira and I’m from Portugal.:)
I’m promoting a band called Bandulu Dub, from the north of Portugal.
This project is a group of people from all over the world including Brasil, Colombia, Cyprus, Croatia, Virgin Islands, Spain, Jamaica who never found each other in person!
They do it all by the internet, sending voices and instrumentals here and there. It's a wonderful example of the global village we live in these days, all at a distance of a click!
The result has been huge and it’s very rewarding when we are able to join people from so different places on earth and make music with such a consistent message.
So far they have played in Portugal, in Cyprus and Mexico, winning a Lightning Bolt award and one of their songs was included in one of their surf dvds. They go from world music to dub and drum and bass in a quite unique mix!
Do you think there’s any possibility to help in the promotion of this group? And how? :) Could Bandulu play in Dubai? and where should I send a proposal?
We want to invite you to listen at:

myspace.com/banduludub

or banduludub.tk

anything you want to tell us please send to this email or banduludub@gmail.com

We’ll be more than pleased if we have some feedback.
Even if you can't, in the moment, help us, we will be glad you know Bandulu Dub's name already.:)
Thank you very much and good luck for all the works.:)

Lidia Oliveira
Lydia
visitor

Re: Bandulu Dub

Postby shawarma » 17 Feb 2009, 12:38

Ola Lydia and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

I'm not familiar with the music industry in Dubai (except as a spectator) but I'd guess you could either try contacting one of the concert promotors, or event organisers about performing in Dubai for a one-off, or one of the hotels if you wanted to perform on a regular basis - many bars have a band performing several nights a week. See the Dubai concerts forum for some ideas - I try to add the name of the event organiser and contact details where available for each event.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Bandulu Dub

Postby Lydia » 24 Feb 2009, 02:05

Thank you very much for your kind answer!
But where can I find names of promoters?These are the right people to contact right? Our goal was to mae a serie of 3-4 gigs in a week there...but as we have no supports we truly need some contacts and friends willing to bring us there...it would be a true honour.:)
But, again, many thanks for your answer, you were very nice!

Hug,

Lydia
Lydia
visitor

Return to Recreation and entertainment UAE