- Property name: Jasmine Garden on the Thailand Island of The World islands in Dubai.
- Development: The World
- Completion date of construction (expected or actual):
- Completion date of construction (scheduled): 2011
- Start date of construction: 2008?
- Project value: AED 400 million
- Area (size):
- Location: The World by Nakheel
- Emirate: Dubai
- Developer: Profile Group (or Profile Real Estate?)
- Project manager:
- Construction firm:
- Apartment types (studio, # bedrooms):
- Villa types:
- Ownership: freehold?
- Residence visa included for expats:
- Mortgage finance from:
- Unit prices (Original Price / OP): AED 1.8 - 10 million
- February 2008 prices:
- OP per square foot:
- February 2008 price per square foot:
The press release doesn't say which island the Jasmine Garden resort is on, just that it'll be a Thai style resort. A beachfront villa for 10 million dhs? Makes the Palm Islands look cheap - and you can drive home .
DubaiFAQs.com pages with related information
- Buying property in the UAE
- Real estate agents UAE
- UAE banks - list of banks operating in the UAE
- Dubai suburbs - brief description of areas to live
- freehold property Dubai - a map and list of locations with freehold properties
From Gulf News 18 September 2006:
Dh400m luxury project unveiled
By Saquib Moosa, Staff Reporter
London: The Profile Group, a British property developer, has launched a Dh400 million project, Jasmine Garden, on the World, a cluster of 300 man-made islands.
Jasmine Garden, a Thai-styled luxury villa and luxury island resort, will have 131 residential units including beachfront homes and houses on stilts.
The houses will be built of wood and stone in authentic Thai architecture with steep wooden roofs and traditional wood carvings, all created and imported from East Asia to create a true South-East Asian atmosphere on the island.
Prices start from Dh1.8 million for a residential suite and go up to Dh10 million for beachfront villas with tropical gardens and a private beachfront.
The island will be accessible by boat or helicopter and will have a large number of berths for yachts.
The concept is centred around complete relaxation and central to the island will be a spa dedicated to providing complete health and vitality solutions.
John Irving, Operations Director for the Profile Group, told Gulf News, "I travelled first to Thailand in 2003 and was very impressed with the service over there and that was the start of the whole idea that we could create an island concept in Dubai that would be focused on service, a six star holiday hotel resort with all of the fascinating architectural details of Thai buildings. It's taken us two years to get to this point," he added.
"We have villas with their own entrance, gardens and beach all within the project, yet totally separate from the other houses," he said.
Promotional campaigns have begun for Jasmine Garden and 40 per cent of the residential units have been sold.
The Profile Group has been given a timeframe of 30 months for completion are awaiting the scheduled delivery from Nakheel in 2008.
The Profile Group was appointed sales agents for Nakheel to cover Western Europe initially for the Palm Jebel Ali. They were also appointed agents for the Dubai waterfront early this year.
Please reply to this topic with relevant information and this first post will be updated. If quoting this post, please remove unnecessary information. Thanks