Jasmine Garden Dubai

Forum rules
To buy or sell property, please use the Dubai classifieds section. Links: Dubai real estate agents

Jasmine Garden Dubai

Postby shawarma » 24 Nov 2007, 22:58

• Property name: Jasmine Garden on the Thailand Island of The World islands in Dubai.
  • Development: The World
  • Completion date of construction (expected or actual):
  • Completion date of construction (scheduled): 2011
  • Start date of construction: 2008?
  • Project value: AED 400 million
  • Area (size):
  • Emirate: Dubai
  • Developer: Profile Group (or Profile Real Estate?)
  • Project manager:
  • Construction firm:
  • Apartment types (studio, # bedrooms):
  • Villa types:
  • Ownership: freehold?
  • Residence visa included for expats:
  • Mortgage finance from:
  • Unit prices (Original Price / OP): AED 1.8 - 10 million
  • February 2008 prices:
  • OP per square foot:
  • February 2008 price per square foot:
  • Telephone:
Other facilities and information

The press release doesn't say which island the Jasmine Garden resort is on, just that it'll be a Thai style resort. A beachfront villa for 10 million dhs? Makes the Palm Islands look cheap - and you can drive home :).

DubaiFAQs.com pages with related information

From Gulf News 18 September 2006:

Dh400m luxury project unveiled
By Saquib Moosa, Staff Reporter

London: The Profile Group, a British property developer, has launched a Dh400 million project, Jasmine Garden, on the World, a cluster of 300 man-made islands.

Jasmine Garden, a Thai-styled luxury villa and luxury island resort, will have 131 residential units including beachfront homes and houses on stilts.

The houses will be built of wood and stone in authentic Thai architecture with steep wooden roofs and traditional wood carvings, all created and imported from East Asia to create a true South-East Asian atmosphere on the island.

Prices start from Dh1.8 million for a residential suite and go up to Dh10 million for beachfront villas with tropical gardens and a private beachfront.

The island will be accessible by boat or helicopter and will have a large number of berths for yachts.

The concept is centred around complete relaxation and central to the island will be a spa dedicated to providing complete health and vitality solutions.

John Irving, Operations Director for the Profile Group, told Gulf News, "I travelled first to Thailand in 2003 and was very impressed with the service over there and that was the start of the whole idea that we could create an island concept in Dubai that would be focused on service, a six star holiday hotel resort with all of the fascinating architectural details of Thai buildings. It's taken us two years to get to this point," he added.

"We have villas with their own entrance, gardens and beach all within the project, yet totally separate from the other houses," he said.

Promotional campaigns have begun for Jasmine Garden and 40 per cent of the residential units have been sold.

The Profile Group has been given a timeframe of 30 months for completion are awaiting the scheduled delivery from Nakheel in 2008.

The Profile Group was appointed sales agents for Nakheel to cover Western Europe initially for the Palm Jebel Ali. They were also appointed agents for the Dubai waterfront early this year.

Please reply to this topic with relevant information and this first post will be updated. If quoting this post, please remove unnecessary information. Thanks :)
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Jasmine Garden on hold

Postby shawarma » 10 Apr 2009, 18:27

There was a report in Arabian Business 07 April 2009 saying that Profile Properties (established 2003) had decided to put the Jasmine Garden project on hold, according to Ms Carmis Flores, the project manager and consultant director for Bermello Ajamil & Partners (B&A), the lead design consultant for Jasmine Gardens. Arabian Business could not get a comment from Profile Properties. Background information about the project in the report:

• 18 water villas
  • 56 studio suites
  • 56 one bedroom duplex apartments
  • 10 private yacht berths
  • health spa
  • international delicatessen (a what :shock: ?)
  • mini market
  • Thai restaurant (not really a surprise)
  • total area of 273,000 square feet (about 25,000 sq meters)
  • original completion date expected to be 2011
  • development cost estimate $110 million (about AED 400 million)
shawarma

Re: Jasmine Garden Dubai

Postby kennykeno » 18 Oct 2009, 17:50

I purchased a unit in Jasmine Gardens in 2007, i have 50% of the unit payed for and of this only about 10% is still in escrow but work has not yet even started on the project. I am told by the bank that the money was used to buy the land but yet i spoke to another guy with a unit in the same place and all of his 40% he has payed is still in escrow, how can this be. My money should remain in escrow till i receve the end product and as of yet i have not but my funds are gone. I have a loan taken out for this unit and am struggling with repayments and they decide to put the project on hold, will some one tell me for how long .....
kennykeno
backpacker

Jasmine Garden escrow account

Postby shawarma » 19 Oct 2009, 00:34

Hello kenny and welcome to the Dubai property forum :).

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the escrow process or Jasmine Gardens.

It is apparent that there is no or almost no activity happening on The World so unless you have evidence to indicate otherwise, I would assume that there will not be any development progress in the foreseeable future. There are any number of media articles with statements from developers saying that they plan to do something, but that has been the case since the first bucket of sand was dredged up for The World. I have yet to see any report of actual construction for any project on The World having begun (apart from the show home that was completed in 2005). Sorry, I guess that's not what you want to hear :(. I think The World is a fantastic project and I I would be very happy if someone could show something to indicate my impression of the lack of development is wrong.

As for the escrow process and property purchases in Dubai, there was a new rule, or a modification, introduced earlier this year, I think Law Number 9, which had some sort of structured refund for projects that were suspended or cancelled. Or specified how much of a payment the developers could keep. Or something like that. I expect the reality is closer to the principle that possession is 9/10ths of the law. If they have your money, it's going to be hard to get it back, and if you have their money, don't be in a hurry to give it to them. And I suppose if a developer doesn't state a project is suspended or cancelled then it makes it harder to get money back.

The Real Estate Regulatory Agency (or Authority - I always forget) in Dubai is the government body that sorts these sorts of things out. Try contacting them to see if you can get any better information. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
shawarma

Postby kennykeno » 23 Oct 2009, 00:30

Thank you for your help, i have tryed RERA along with a couple of hundred other Irish investers, they really are no good and are covering everything up. There is now a group formed here in Ireland with about 200 members that have all purchased propertys with Profile and are not happy. They plan to get their money back. Dubai is getting such bad press here that i dont think anyone will ever vist it again never mind buy a property their. They are making the property laws up as they go along to suit them selfs. All our contracts are out of date and they are still holding on to our money and do not plan to give it back soon, WHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU SEE THAT, WHAT A JOKE...
kennykeno
backpacker

Postby kennykeno » 23 Oct 2009, 00:32

IF you have bought on Jasmine Gardens The World contact me on kennyotimmons@yahoo.co.uk
kennykeno
backpacker

Postby kennykeno » 13 Aug 2011, 15:02

kennykeno wrote:IF you have bought on Jasmine Gardens The World contact me on kennyotimmons@yahoo.co.uk

My developer Profile/Jasmine Gardens still have my money.It is now end of 2011. However I have just heard that Jasmine Gardens The World is going to be canceled. This should mean money back for everybody. I have met with RERA they have been a good help mof late.
kennykeno
backpacker

Postby shawarma » 03 Mar 2012, 01:57

kennykeno wrote:However I have just heard that Jasmine Gardens The World is going to be canceled.

News reports are catching up to you a few months later - Arabian Business reported a couple of days ago that the project will be cancelled ...

Arabian Business 01 March 2012 wrote:A five-star villa resort located on one of the man made islands on Nakheel’s ‘The World’ development is set to be canceled by Dubai’s real estate regulator, Arabian Business has learned.

A source close to the project has revealed it is now set to be canceled by Dubai’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA), with an official announcement due shortly.

You gotta wonder though about these anonymous sources ... maybe Arabian Business just read what you'd written kennykeno ;).

www.arabianbusiness.com/-the-world-villa-project-set-be-scrapped-447826.html
shawarma

Return to Dubai property