Dubai Free Zones

Forum rules
To buy or sell property, please use the Dubai classifieds section. Links: Dubai real estate agents

Dubai Free Zones

Postby moneill » 03 Mar 2008, 15:50

Hi,

Is it possible to buy office space in the free zones?

Marie
moneill
visitor

Re: Dubai Free Zones

Postby shawarma » 03 Mar 2008, 16:09

Hi moneill and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

I think so, but not in all of them, or very many of them. I assume you are asking as an expat/foreigner (I assume UAE Nationals can buy property anywhere). I would suggest look at the Dubai freehold property locations and then search for commercial property in one of those free zones.

Alternatively, you could contact one of the Dubai free zones you are interested in and ask them. I would expect the answer to be no for Dubai Media City, Internet City, Airport Free Zone, Jebel Ali Free Zone though. Perhaps Business Bay or Dubai Silicon Oasis are places you could try, except Business Bay is probably not what people normally think of as a free trade zone.

Or finally, enquire at one of the Dubai property agents for commercial property you can buy. There are a number of buildings being built with office space for sale to foreigners.

Sorry, I'm not very sure of my answer here so take it as a guess rather than statement of fact :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Dubai property