Umm Al Quwain Marina delay

Umm Al Quwain / Um Al Qwain property
Forum rules
To rent, let, buy or sell real estate, please use the UAQ classifieds section. Links: UAQ property brokers

Umm Al Quwain Marina delay

Postby mandoe666 » 30 May 2009, 12:00

hi, has any body got any idea behind the delay of this project. It has been put back 12 months. :o
mandoe666
visitor

Umm Al Quwain Marina

Postby shawarma » 30 May 2009, 13:14

Hello mandoe and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

Almost all UAE developments have suffered from construction delays, and many have been suspended, put on hold, or cancelled in recent months with the global finanicial crisis prompting a grinding halt to developments in Dubai especially but also Umm Al Quwain and other emirates. One of the issues with property development in UAQ, Ajman, and Ras Al Khaimah (commonly referred to as the Northern Emirates) is that the supporting infrastructure is insufficient - power and water supply in particular. I believe there are completed developments in RAK that have no electricity for example. There was also some controversy last year between the Um Al Quwain government and the Al Salam City project, disputing who was responsible for a new power station or something. Many observers might conclude that UAQ is a risky proposition for investment if it's not clear how supportive the government is with regards to infrastructure development.

On the bright side, as UAQ Marina is an Emaar Properties development, there's probably a better chance of it being completed, and sooner, than projects from many other developers. There appear to be some villas already completed and available?

Dates I've seen are June 2009 for handover of first phase of villas. Is this the date that's been put off by 12 months?
2015 - scheduled completion date for entire Umm Al Quwain Marina project (it wouldn't be a surprise if that had changed to 2016, or even later).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Umm Al Quwain Marina delay

Postby mandoe666 » 31 May 2009, 09:05

yes the delay of 12 months is from June 2009 on the Marina project at Umm Al Quwain.
mandoe666
visitor

UAQ Marina delay

Postby shawarma » 18 Jun 2009, 16:00

Just to update this topic. I went to visit the UAQ Marina last week. The villas for phase I appear to be mostly complete, at least structurally, but the surrounding and internal roads and infrastructure are not which explains the handover delay. It's possible the infrastructure is ready within 12 months but I wouldn't count on it. I didn't look inside the villas.

There's no other obvious development of any other past of the Umm Al Quwain Marina project, just the phase I villas. The complex looks a bit lonely amongst all the sand.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to UAQ property