www.gnads4u.com

[Forum locked indefinitely]
Forum rules
[Forum locked indefinitely] Classified ads should not contain links. Title should have brief item description with location, say For Sale or Wanted. Posts without this information will be deleted. Spam will be deleted along with username and all their posts.

www.gnads4u.com

Postby shawarma » 17 Jun 2008, 13:31

www.gnads4u.com - is the classified ads website for the Gulf News, a Dubai newspaper. The print edition has several sections of classified ads, especially property. More popular than other UAE newspapers for classifieds.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

dubai jobs agencies

Postby biodun » 24 Oct 2009, 03:54

I will like to know how true this agencies are for unskilled labour,posted everyday on this site www.gnads4u.com they all request for payments,please someone should inform me.
biodun
visitor

Gulf News job ads

Postby shawarma » 24 Oct 2009, 09:10

UAE job recruiters are not supposed to charge job seekers for finding them a job according to UAE law so it seems odd that the Gulf News would allow advertisements from job agencies that charge fees. However, I suppose the Gulf News could argue that they are not the police or the court system, and they also post classified ads for other apparently illegal activities (apartment and villa share in Dubai, car lift sharing arrangements for example).

I can think of three things you could do.

1. Report the job agencies to the UAE Ministry of Labour.
2. Report the job agencies advertisements to the Gulf News.
3. Don't use those job agencies. If everyone stopped using agents that charged fees, then they would soon have to rethink their strategy.

One complaint on its own might be ignored by the MOL and/or the Gulf News, but if many people complain, then it might have an effect.

[edit: merged post with Gulf News classified ads topic]
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to UAE classifieds