Paid postal survey RAK

[Forum locked indefinitely]
Forum rules
[Forum locked indefinitely] Companies must use the [url=http://www.desertspeak.com/viewforum.php?f=56:fud]RAK companies[/url:fud] forum. Classified ads should not contain links. Please use a clear title, say if item Wanted or Offered. Spam will be deleted along with username and all their posts.
[b:fud]Links:[/b:fud] [url=http://www.dubaifaqs.com/private-tuition-dubai.php:fud]Ras Al Khaimah tuitions[/url:fud]

Paid postal survey RAK

Postby Anjak » 06 Jul 2009, 19:24

Hello everybody,

My name is Anja and I am working for a quality research company in Hamburg, Germany. I hope you can help me in an urgent matter. I am looking for new panellists for an upcoming postal project. The participants would receive some test letters and get a small reward for this task. Our client, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), wants to monitor the transit time of international letters. Afterwards, he will use the results of the measurement to improve the quality of service for the benefit of all postal customers.

Your survey task would be:
• You receive on average 2 test letters per week, sent to your private address
• You enter all dates of receipt of your test mail on our website

For your activity, you will receive a monthly reward of 7 USD. You can choose between:

• an Amazon gift voucher (www.amazon.com)
• or payment on a registered account with PayPal (www.paypal.com) or Moneybookers (www.moneybookers.com)
• or we donate your award to the international humanitarian medical aid agency "Doctors without borders" (www.msf.org)

If you want to take part in this measurement, please kindly register on our website www.world-mail-panel.com (survey code: GMS Desert) or contact us by email at panel@quotas.de.

Your assistance would be a great help for us ;)

Kind regards from Hamburg,
Anja

PS: More about us on www.quotas.de
Anjak
visitor

Re: Paid postal survey RAK

Postby Anjak » 07 Jul 2009, 12:05

Hello again,

This post was supposed to be released in the forum "Ras al-Khaimah classifieds" since we are looking for panellists in Ras al-Khaimah.

So if you live in Ras al-Khaimah and are interested in joining our panel, please register on our website or write us an email!

Thank you very much in advance!

Bye,
Anja
Anjak
visitor

Paid postal survey

Postby shawarma » 07 Jul 2009, 12:11

Hello Anja and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

I have looked at the websites www.quotas.de and www.world-mail-panel.com about your survey but I cannot find any mention of this survey on your clients website, www.upu.int (Universal Postal Union). So the question I have is how do we know this is not an attempt at phishing for personal details (addresses, telephone numbers, paypal accounts, etc)? And if not, how is user's data protected? I hope you understand my caution - there are numerous postings every day of spam, phishing attempts, and similar which are removed. I haven't removed this one because it appears to be legitimate but I would like some reassurance.

There is a contact name on the quotas.de website for the survey but again, there is no mention of her on the UPU website.

Christine Mootien
Tel. +49.(0)40.41 09 69–16
c.mootien@quotas.de

The only related document I could find was this one from February 2008 (I think) which mentions Quotas GmbH as providing independent surveys:
http://www.upu.int/quality/en/gms_pilot_project_rfid_arab_countries_en.pdf

Update: apologies for moving from RAK classifieds forum, have moved it back and edited title to make it clearer (and removed duplicate topic)
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Paid postal survey RAK

Postby Anjak » 09 Jul 2009, 14:16

Dear Shawarma,

First of all thank you for not removing my post from this forum!

Under the following link you will find a recommendation letter from our client - the UPU - where you can see that we are charged to carry out this new project for them:

http://www.brevkvalitet.dk/pdf/UPU-GMS.pdf

We are working seriously and protect the personal information of our participants. We assure you that we will use the given data only for this project!

Furthermore, we have been carrying out many postal projects - domestic and international - for various clients, e.g. Deutsche Post, La Poste France, Royal Mail Great Britain, Posta Slovenije etc.

I hope that I could convince you that this is no SPAM or an attempt of phishing and that we will find some new participants for our upcoming project!

Best regards from Hamburg,
Anja
Anjak
visitor

UPU postal survey Ras Al Khaimah

Postby shawarma » 10 Jul 2009, 09:07

Ok, thanks for the reply. The UPU survey appears to be legitimate as far as I can tell so good luck with it :). If you are looking for information about postage from Europe, then you could try contacting schools in RAK, universities in RAK, and colleges in RAK, where you're likely to find a number of European staff - the Higher Colleges of Technology in RAK is probably the largest employer of western professionals. The downside is that as it's now summer holidays, all the educational institutes are closed and most teachers have left the UAE and won't return until the end of August.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Ras Al Khaimah classifieds