[Renamed, update] The Glenelg School Abu Dhabi review

Schools in or near Abu Dhabi city and Khalifa City. See the other UAE schools forum for schools in Gharbiya, Ruwais, Liwa, etc

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available to add updates and new school information. Links: Abu Dhabi schools | Abu Dhabi new schools | Abu Dhabi special needs | Abu Dhabi study guide

Re: The Glenelg School Abu Dhabi review

Postby sayood » 08 Feb 2012, 18:33

I'm a current employee of Glenelg School. The old headmaster has left and now an American headmaster is in charge. Already positive changes are in the pipeline. I work at the Madinat Zayed campus, a much more laid-back atmosphere than the campus in Abu Dhabi mostly because we are more remote and rarely had to deal with the old headmaster. Our campus has the best group of people in the world to work with. We're truly a family. That totally compensates for being an hour and a half away from the main city. I wouldn't trade it for the world. HR department is still slow in processing things but getting better. Time to reconsider if you decided against working here. I'm looking forward to the future now with the new headmaster in place. :D
sayood
visitor

Postby kblake1024 » 08 Mar 2012, 04:17

I am so looking forward to starting in MD campus. What are the apartments like for employees...Any advice? The last post was very encouraging. Thanks you.
kblake1024
visitor

Postby kblake1024 » 01 Apr 2012, 02:07

Hello, I was recently hired to work at the Glenelg School MZ campus. Can you give me any advice on the area or even share your thoughts on the housing. Anything you share would help. :?: I am so excited and nervous.
Thank you. :D
kblake1024
visitor

Postby GSADstudent » 29 May 2014, 15:24

As a student in Glenelg's school male campus in Abu Dhabi, i can confirm one thing, no one is happy with this school, whether it was students or teachers. A (Dictator) headmaster who cannot make any useful actions that could actually benefit the school. more than 90 percent of the teachers are Lebanese "before i entered this school i was told that most were westerners", most of whom are incapable of teaching effectively. I sometimes wonder how they were allowed to teach. Excellent western teachers are always kicked out for some reason, most of the them have actually told the students why they left. Nothing American about this school except its books. We nearly don't do any practical work, only papers and books. Few teachers over here actually know the meaning of teaching. Nothing special about this school.
GSADstudent

Postby maggiemay » 20 Aug 2014, 01:57

I have an interview for a position at the elementary school. Does anyone have more recent information about the school? Have work conditions improved? Are they fulfilling the contracts?
maggiemay

Postby clairepaul » 02 Sep 2014, 22:52

Can anybody who has worked, is working, or is about to work at GSAD give any information as to where and how they applied for a job there? I just need to help a friend who's interested to work there. Thanks.
clairepaul

Postby anonymous123 » 29 Jul 2015, 18:59

In the event that anyone is still coming to this board looking for information about GSAD - Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (aka ADNOC Schools now), I would just like to let you know that all of the horror stories are still true and they are true at all four campuses. While it is true that the MZ campus was better because of the principal that was in place, she is no longer there. In addition to it being a horrible company to work for, they do no honor their word when it comes to end of service benefits. If you still choose to work for them, consider yourself warned.
anonymous123

Postby dreadful » 21 Feb 2016, 18:01

I thoroughly agree with the previous comments. Morale is very low at all schools to such an extent that most teachers are leaving. Staff being dismissed is the norm. There is such a high turn over of staff and principals that it makes for an unstable environment. Teachers are now being observed and critiqued to such a degree that they are complaining and one was crying last week. Teachers have been told that if lesson plans are late, they will get a warning which can lead to dismissal. All of these threats produce a negative atmosphere. At the end of contract teachers are expected to sign for money they have yet to receive. Some have been waiting years for their full gratuity. It is a dreadful school.
dreadful

Postby SalmanMasud » 11 Apr 2016, 10:11

The school name is changed since September 2015.
please update the content of your website.

new School Name: ADNOC Schools
Website URL: www.adnoc.sch.ae

Thank you
SalmanMasud

Re: The Glenelg School Abu Dhabi teaching jobs

Postby nervous » 25 Oct 2016, 10:46

Hi there

Can anyone tell me if its worthwhile to accept a job at ADNOC schools? Has anything change or are the horror stories still true?
nervous

Previous

Return to Schools in Abu Dhabi