[Scam] Emirates Unity School UAE teaching job

Schools in or near Abu Dhabi city and Khalifa City. See the other UAE schools forum for schools in Gharbiya, Ruwais, Liwa, etc

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available to add updates and new school information. Links: Abu Dhabi schools | Abu Dhabi new schools | Abu Dhabi special needs | Abu Dhabi study guide

[Scam] Emirates Unity School UAE teaching job

Postby shawarma » 09 Dec 2014, 17:26

Emirates Unity School Abu Dhabi, UAE (EUS, EUSU, EUSAD) - information page.

Located in Al Nahyan Camp area of Abu Dhabi according to job offers from them, but not found there, not found in ADEC directory.

Job offers look too good to be true, and they ask for visa fees to be paid by the employee in advance, which is illegal according to UAE law (despite what EUS job offer letter says about the law).

No website or landline telephone number found which looks suspicious, although if it's a new school, then that might be understandable.

EUS is not related to the Arab Unity School in Dubai (AUS).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Emirates Unity School job offer and visa fees

Postby Merajuddin » 13 Dec 2014, 20:43

Dear All

Assalam Alaikum..

i got appointment letter from Emirate Unity School, Abu dhabi... with good Salary & benefits i have.
Mr. Khan is the HR who selected me... i think all fake...
he told me to contact "Global View Travels" for visa processing fees. US 1450/-

PAYMENT INFORMATION:
Receiver: Fred Daniel
Address: #7 Electra Street
City: Abu Dhabi

Mr. Ahmed Khan
Emirates Unity School
Al Nahyan Camp Area
P.O Box 5662, Abu Dhabi-UAE
Telephone Line: 00971567168254
Web:www.emiratesunity.hst.im

amazing they are create fake web address for the school.
Merajuddin

Re: Emirates Unity School Abu Dhabi

Postby shawarma » 15 Dec 2014, 15:40

Irrespective of anything else, just the request for you to pay visa processing fees is a red flag. That alone is enough for me not to believe there is a real job available.

UAE labour law says that the employer is responsible for paying all visa processing and recruitment costs.

Personally I wouldn't bother with this any more. It looks the same as many similar jobs in the UAE that have been offered for many years, and in every case that I know about, anyone who has sent visa fees has not received a visa or a job.

If this really is a real school with real teaching vacancies, they need to do a much better job of making that clear. At the moment they look the same as other fake schools and jobs in the UAE.

A website isn't that difficult to set up, especially if most of it is copied from another website. As in this case. Except "District of Philadephia" has been replaced by "District of Abu Dhabi", and school name has been changed. Original website is here:

www.panamericanacademy.org

And belongs to a real school which does exist (Pan American Academy) ... in the USA, not UAE.

The domain name extension .im is for the Isle of Man. Similar to the use of .tk (for Tokelau Islands), when a country code extension is given which makes little sense for the institute, it's another red flag.

And the website www.emiratesunity.hst.im is hosted at .hst.im which provides free web hosting - another red flag.

Any educational institute or company in the UAE should have a website ending in either .ae (for the UAE), .com, or .edu. Some have .net, .org, and I have seen one with .ac (Ascension Island - a possible red flag but I know the one I'm thinking of is a real institute), not to be confused with .ac.ae which is also available for academic institutions in the UAE.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Schools in Abu Dhabi