Khaimah Language School

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school.

Khaimah Language School

Postby kushal_p_pathak » 11 Aug 2008, 12:39

I am a foreign English teacher having received an offer of employment from the Khaimah Language School, Dubai. Here is the address of the newly established school:
Khaimah English Language School
159, Sheikh Zayed Road, Deira , Dubai
United Arab Emirates
I would like to know if this school is registered & licensed with the UAE Ministry of Education or not. The school authorities have asked me to contact for work permit & visa applications at the following address:
Atten. Mr. Nashiri al-Buntiri Aroon
United Arab Emirates-Ministry of Interior
Naturalization & Residency Administration-Dubai.
{Foreign Employment Visa Issuance Department}
17 Naif Rd.Deira , Dubai, U.A.E
Tel/Fax: +971 4338 1603
E-Mail:dnrd.ae@ajman.us

Also I seek your opinion regarding the procedure for a foreign employee to obtain the work permit & visa, also what are the documents required to be submitted for obtaining the same.I even searched for the name of the above school on Moeya(Ministry of Education) website but did not find it. So I am a bit skeptical as to whether this School does exist or not.
Kindly let me know at the earliest.
Regards
Kushal Pathak.
kushal_p_pathak
visitor

Re: Khaimah Language School

Postby shawarma » 15 Aug 2008, 11:19

Hello kushal and welcome to the Dubai teaching forums :).

The details you have provided for Khaimah Language School look very similar to details for several other schools which have turned out to be dubious or non-existent, with job offers from the same organisation - Global Recruiters (see that page for more details and links to posts about other similar organisations with comments from previous applicants).

For jobs in Dubai, the employer is supposed to apply for employment visa, then work permit and residence visa on your behalf. All costs are the responsibility of the employer, not the employee. See also the Dubai visa information.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Khaimah Language School

Postby kushal_p_pathak » 15 Aug 2008, 12:54

Thanks for giving me the correct information. I was indeed skeptical about the offer. I did visit the links that you had mentioned. I have already started looking for a job elsewhere. Thanks for opening my eyes to such fraudulent activities.
Regards
Kushal.
kushal_p_pathak
visitor

Return to Universities and colleges in Dubai