UAE University

Forum rules
A school details template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new school.

UAE University

Postby shawarma » 20 Sep 2008, 09:27

UAE University Al Ain - Dubai FAQ info

Questions:

Chancellor is Sheikh Nahayan Mubarak Al-Nahayan (who is also UAE Higher Colleges Chancellor, and UAE Minister of Education).
Dr Hadef Bin Jouan Al Dhahiri was Vice-Chancellor? From when to when?
Dr Abdullah Al Khanbashi is new Vice Chancellor? Since when?
UAEU moving to new campus in Al Ain in 2009?
How many students?
Any fees to pay?
How many teachers?
What is salary scale and housing/benefits package?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

UAE University Harvard Medical School

Postby shawarma » 20 Sep 2008, 09:30

On 16 December 2006 there was a press release saying that UAE University had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Harvard Medical School Dubai Center (HMSDC) Institute for Postgraduate Education and Research. The MoU says that the UAE University and HMSDC would work together on human resources development by nominating UAEU medical students and graduates to train at Harvard Medical School, or its affiliated hospitals in Boston.
shawarma

UAE University staff accommodation

Postby shawarma » 20 Sep 2008, 10:07

UAE University new faculty and support staff were reported by The National 19 September 2008 as being unhappy with their accommodation. Comments from staff (who wished to remain anonymous, curiously :shock: ), were reported to be:

• “It’s miserable. The construction is shoddy and the apartment is tiny, the sink is four inches deep, ... I was given the impression before coming that there was a certain quality of housing. I’m now thinking of going back to where I originally come from.”
  • “Some apartments have no windows, only light shafts. I wouldn’t live there, myself.”
  • “We didn’t know there was a shortage of housing. If I had known, I don’t think I would have come, ... People who just got here are thinking about resigning.”

But the word from the boss, Dr Abdullah al Khanbashi, the vice chancellor of the university, was: “It’s a matter of not enough units on the market and at the same time, the demand, and then the units that we have scheduled to [let] will be finished in November or December.

Any comments from UAE University staff about the accommodation? Is it really that bad :( ?
shawarma

UAE University degree list corrections

Postby Said Shiyab » 24 Aug 2010, 20:53

I noticed that the list of graduate and undergraduate degrees posted is not accurate. There are some undergraduate degrees that are not listed, i.e. Translation Studies, Linguistics, etc. Another cursory look at the current and actual university graduate and undergraduate degrees offered by the UAE University would provide a more accurate picture.

Said Shiyab
Said Shiyab

Return to Universities and colleges in other emirates