Sponsoring wife different nationality Abu Dhabi visa

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Sponsoring wife different nationality Abu Dhabi visa

Postby tabreaz » 15 Jul 2009, 13:05

Hi Friends

A strange case, I'm from India and want to sponsor visa for my wife. Everything will be taken care by office PRO.

But unfortunately the paper which I submit are not sufficient to Abu Dhabi Immigration office.

First they ask me to get a paper from Indian Embassy that, in case if I get divorce then I will bear all the expenses for my wife, which I did today.

Again they ask to get a No Objection Certificate from Indian Embassy that I married to my wife who is of not same national. But Indian embassy say that they don't have any such certificate to give me.

Please advice me what to do? As I want my wife to come this Friday, I have to get this paper by tomorrow morning.

Will Sworn Affidavit will be sufficient stating that "I Married to so and so girl and Indian Embassy don't have any Objection for this"?

It looks funny but these are the requirements, actually they are not clear what they need to issue visa.

Please did any one went through this procedure, if so please advice me.
tabreaz
visitor

Abu Dhabi visa for wife

Postby shawarma » 15 Jul 2009, 13:45

Hello and welcome to the Abu Dhabi visa forums :).

That sounds like bureaucracy gone mad. It's not unusual to hear stories of having to go back and forth for different pieces of paper that make no sense, whether it's Abu Dhabi immigration, or any other government department, or your own embassy. If it's any consolation, it's not usually any different in any other country. It's hard to know if it's just the bureaucrat behind the counter being difficult or if there really are some rules he or she is following. Sometimes the apparent difficulty is due to a misunderstanding (whether deliberate or accidental is usually unknown) and on a repeat visit you discover a different collection of papers is needed.

The reason for the difficulty might be that the immigration department is concerned you have married someone just so they can get a visa and enter the UAE.

A sworn affadavit, if you can get it stamped by the Indian embassy, might do the trick if the problem is just a difficult official wanting to collect pieces of paper and make you run around. The trouble is then that it's easy for them to say that piece of paper is insufficient.

You could also try getting a letter / NOC from the embassy / consulate of your wife's nationality but I expect the immigration department won't be satisfied until they have a document from the Indian embassy. You might have to try talking to someone else at either the embassy or immigration department, and keep trying to talk to different people until you get a solution.

There may not be enough time but also see if your wife can get an Abu Dhabi tourist visa (from airline or hotel in the UAE), and then start an application for sponsoring her for a residence visa. Here's more information about sponsoring wife on Abu Dhabi visit visa.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Sponsoring wife different nationality Abu Dhabi visa

Postby tabreaz » 15 Jul 2009, 14:02

Thanks for you response.

In case if I no get residence visa tomorrow, I will try to take the visit visa for her.

Indian Embassy say they don't have any such NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE and I feel No Objection Certificate should be before marriage not after marriage.

Can you please tell, Immigration office works on Saturday's?
tabreaz
visitor

UAE immigration office opening hours

Postby shawarma » 15 Jul 2009, 17:35

Usually UAE government departments operate Sunday to Thursday, sometimes immigration offices are open on holidays for a limited period of time. As there is a public holiday on Sunday 19 July 2009 (Israa Wal Miraj), they might be open on Saturday or Sunday or both but you should contact them directly to get the exact opening hours (and let us know what they are :)).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby mail4thanseer » 10 May 2015, 17:37

Hi Tabreaz ,
i think its long time before this question u asked , even , i need to ask you , what noc u have given to sponsor your wife in UAE . i am also married non-indian so , immigration asking the NOC certificate form indian embassy can u explain me . pls .
mail4thanseer
visitor

Postby Ramibaomar » 18 Jul 2016, 10:03

But do u have any idea why they ask for a NOC to sponsor your wife?
Ramibaomar
visitor

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE