Entry to UAE if blacklisted in other GCC states

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Entry to UAE if blacklisted in other GCC states

Postby alic » 19 Jul 2009, 15:04

Hello everyone,

Im a newbie here.

I have a question concerning a dear friend (of Lebanese origin); who used to work in Qatar for 5 years. He lost of his job 2 months ago and so he then decided to go back to Australia leaving all his bank debts behind, which is around 250,000 AUS Dollars; which is a rather huge amount.

Anyways, now he has found a job in Dubai and he wants to know if:

1) Can he enter UAE or other GCC countries?
2) Is a wanted person in Qatar, wanted in the UAE too? I know that the GCC states do not have a centralised system as of now and its only in talks for future implementation.
3) Where can we check to see if he is wanted or not (as Im sure the banks in Qatar has already filed to the cops)
4) If he is listed as Wanted in Qatar, will the UAE extradite him to Qatar?

I know what he did is not right, but he is a dear friend and he has a family. So I want to be able to give him the right info atleast.

Thanks

Ali
alic
traveler

UAE entry if denied in other GCC states

Postby shawarma » 19 Jul 2009, 17:42

Hello alic and welcome to the UAE visa forums :).

It is possible that your friend will be denied entry to the UAE because of what happened in Qatar. I can't speak for the relevant authorities but I would assume that A$250k is a sufficiently large sum for the bank to report it to the Qatari police, and if they have any connections in other GCC countries, to report it to relevant authorities there, especially if there are branches of the same bank in other GCC countries. I thought I heard something on the radio recently about Interpol getting involved within the GCC or Middle East region for financial fraud cases where the person of interest moves to another country in the region (and any debt left behind is likely to be regarded as a case of financial fraud).

Sorry that it's probably not the answer you want to hear, but I would expect that if your friend wants to return to a GCC country, he would need to settle his debt first, otherwise he runs the risk of jail until the debt is repaid. I guess there are cases of people who have moved from one GCC country to another, leaving debts behind and not getting into trouble for it in their new country of residence (I know of at least one case myself like that), but I wouldn't rely on anecdotal stories of that nature as an indication that your friend is safe from prosecution in the UAE.

There appear to be information exchanges between GCC countries. I have heard of a case where there was a hiccup with processing a work permit in Dubai because a work permit and/or residence visa in Qatar hadn't been cancelled, or maybe the other way around. I can't confirm that though, it's second hand information.

Another factor to bear in mind is that it may take some time for information to cross the various GCC borders, so your friend might successfully enter the UAE, given that it was only 2 months ago that he left Qatar, and then a few weeks or months later discover that the UAE police have a few questions for him. Or he gets detained on his way in or out of the UAE at a future date.

As for his actual status with the authorities, you, or probably he, would have to contact them directly to find out. Try the DNRD and/or Labor Department in Dubai, and similar authorities in other UAE emirates and Qatar. Also the respective police departments in each emirate and country.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/list-of-gcc-countries.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Entry to UAE if blacklisted in other GCC states

Postby alic » 19 Jul 2009, 18:36

Thanks Shawarma,

I agree with you - he "may not " get into trouble initially as its been only 2 months. But eventually it may happen.

On a side note: what if he comes here with his original lebanese passport, which Im assuming the Qataris have no idea about, since he was registered there as an Ozzie.

Cheers

Ali
alic
traveler

UAE entry with different passport to avoid blacklist

Postby shawarma » 19 Jul 2009, 18:51

Well, it probably lessens the chances he gets caught but I don't know that it eliminates them. Remember that

1. He wouldn't be the first person to try to avoid a ban or blacklist by using another passport.
2. Further to point 1, it would be logical to assume that immigration officials and departments are well aware of people trying to avoid detection by using a second passport.
3. Further to point 2, it would be logical to assume that immigration departments try to find ways to detect the detection-avoiding people.

My conclusion when hearing about people who have "lost" a passport, or used a passport of a different nationality to successfully avoid a ban or any other entry restriction, is that they were lucky because immigration officials were aware of their attempt but chose to ignore it and let them through.

If you're crossing a border into a destitute third world country where the border control post is a couple of 40 gallon drums with a bit of wood across them, then yes, I expect the border guard is unlikely to know how many passports you have. But for somewhere like the UAE which has obviously sophisticated border controls, and deals with 40 million travellers per year at Dubai Airport alone, I don't really think they're so slow that they don't know about your extra passports, unless you've had assistance from MI6 or the CIA or similar to help disguise that fact.
shawarma

Postby alic » 19 Jul 2009, 19:07

Thanks S!
alic
traveler

Postby lifeindebt » 21 Jul 2009, 11:42

If u have huge debts in a GCC country , That info shared among all the GCC countries and when you try to enter a GCC country you will be detained in any of the GCC airports and send back to Qatar.

GCC countries have their own extradition treaty.So dont try to enter any GCC country and avoid the transit too in any GCC country in the future.

Your home country is safe for u. All over the middle east the debt cases are considered as criminal cases. The debt is from credit cards, personal loans and car loans?
lifeindebt
visitor

Postby Rohat » 16 Sep 2009, 04:27

Hi This is very simple you can not able to travel GCC country unless you clear your debts.But its possible also my one friend from Iran having the same problem but he sloved with the help of one person who help him to reenter in Dubai.I have meet him many time in last 6 month.Now he have new car and join famous propert business company.I ask him how you can clear from your old situation he is laughing and saying everthing possible in this world.also say if you have problem in future like that come to me i will solve.
Rohat
visitor

Postby wolfman64 » 08 Nov 2009, 21:29

i want to use a commonsense here

1- if you enter (A) county using x passport , all your loans are taken based on info using data from the X passport
2- if for what ever reason you could not pay and had to leave ( A) country without leaving behind an eye scan or finger print
3- then you can enter that ( A) country using different passport than the (x)
4- let be be specific abut what I am writing and explain it more to you . if your name on your X passport is ( John smith ) and the 2nd passport you have is from different country and your name is ( George Smith ) , then if you have no eye scan done , no national UAE ID card issued to you under the X passport ( john Smith ) then no one can track you wither if you enter UAE or any other GCC country,

you do nt need any help from M16 or CIA, it is just matter of possibilities that you have 2 different passports from 2 different countries under 2 different names

As long as you have no finger print record or an eye scan

This is not to teach you any tricks, I am just laying down facts
wolfman64
visitor

Opinions and facts

Postby shawarma » 08 Nov 2009, 22:01

wolfman64 wrote:I am just laying down facts

Please don't state opinion as fact.
shawarma

Postby sayedm143 » 19 Aug 2011, 19:39

I have same problem like 2 passport in different country. Now I am staying in Abudhabi, last week they found me after eye scan with fingerprint system black list in GGC country.
sayedm143

Postby Babajo » 21 Aug 2011, 04:46

I left the UAE 2 months ago and have some debts which i left behind, i had to leave to avoid prison, i do intend to pay off my debts but it will be at my pace without the banks threats and intimidation, i have had hell off the UAE banks over the last 10 months even though i lost my job i was trying to pay them, i slept in my car and borrowed off friends to just keep the banks at bay, my question is that because i want to clear the debts i will need to be earning good money, this i will only be able to do if i work in the UAE or GCC, if i went to another GCC country am i likely to be arrested and deported to the UAE. I only want to sort this self inflicted mess out but the UAE banks are making it impossible for me to do?
Babajo

Postby oldgrumpy » 25 Aug 2011, 21:35

Hello everyone!

I have similar problem (CC, Carloan, Bankloan). But I am willing to pay them back, I just got unlucky that after my termination from job due to retrenchment last March, until now I don't have a job. I have filed for insurance claims for the loan and CC. Now, if ever I case is filed againts me in the UAE, can I obtain a work visa/permit from other GCC country, specifically speaking... in Saudi Arabia?

Thank you and appreciate your reply...
oldgrumpy

Postby naveedalam » 31 Aug 2011, 14:11

Dear sir 0r brother my name is naveed alam 5 years ago i am working in a company al amabani cont co in abudhabi but my visa issu in dubai.i am work 11 moths in company then i go onligile (go out compay) 3 years later i canceled my visa and my copany give me my passport and stamp a 1 year ban.one an half years later my visit visa issu i come dubai airport imigration tell me you are not allowed to entry in uae.please tell me solution i want work in dubai.please
naveedalam

Postby Nala » 11 Oct 2011, 17:29

I had a case in KSA on a money fraud & after i came to my home country interpool has quried on same and decided that i'm not guilty as my sponser said.I want to know will it be a problem if i try to visit another GCC country? Am i blacklisted even after interpool unit of my country decided that i'm not guilty?
Nala

Postby Frnuman » 17 Sep 2014, 02:11

I was in uae for 2 names passport I was in jail 1 year& deportation now I am in qatar on visit visa in new passport. I want to bessence & racedance visa in qatar it's possible. Or how I chak in my black list in gcc please reply to me.
Frnuman
visitor

Postby xain2r » 18 Oct 2015, 07:05

when you have an open police case in any of the GCC most likely criminal case then you are having a travel ban for sure and can't enter or leave GCC and can be detained even if you are in a transit from airport coming from another country using GCC airport so please be careful.
xain2r
visitor

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE