Sponsor wife Dubai minimum salary 10000 AED

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Sponsor wife Dubai minimum salary 10000 AED

Postby imtiazwighio » 10 Aug 2009, 13:47

Hi Experts.

I have recently joined a new company in Dubai and 2 days before I have completed by Visa Issues including medical & visa stamping etc.
Now I want to sponsor my wife, my Salary is 7000 AED.
I have read in Gulf News paper that To Sponsor wife now the minimum Salary required is 10,000/- AED with individual accommodation implemented from 1st july (as per news paper).
One of my friend brought his wife on the same 7,000/- salary in the month of July, 2009.
My question is that this new Rule of 10,000/- is implemented or not, if it is implemented then how can I bring my wife here any alternative.
I asked my company for Labour Contract but they haven't get done this. Is it necessary to produce Labour Contract copy, I heard that Salary Certificate is enough.

Thanks & Regards
imtiazwighio
backpacker

Dubai minimum salary sponsor spouse

Postby shawarma » 10 Aug 2009, 14:48

Hello imtiazwighio and welcome to the Dubai visa forums :).

Yes, there were reports of the AED 10,000 minimum salary requirement for sponsoring a spouse in Dubai (and the UAE perhaps). I think it dates back to a Federal National Council (FNC) recommendation last year that the minimum salary levels be increased. However, as far as I understand it, the GN report said that the UAE residency law needed to be amended, and given the large number of expat residents on salaries of less than 10k dhs per month who are sponsoring their families, I expect we would have seen much more noise about it if it had already been implemented.

However, check with the Dubai residency department for official information (do it twice to see if you get consistent info), and let us know what they say :). Or just go ahead and try to obtain the residence permit anyway - probably better to do it sooner than later if the law is going to change. Once it's issued then she's good to stay for 3 years before you have to worry about it again.

Also check with them if salary certificate is enough (it should be) but you should have a labour contract anyway. It's not a good sign if the company hasn't provided you with one.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Sponsor wife Dubai minimum salary 10000 AED

Postby imtiazwighio » 10 Aug 2009, 18:46

Dear Shawarma,

Thanks a lot for your useful help, I will check with my company and apply for spouse residence visa as early as possible.

Actually I am trying to get this done as early as possible but my company is quite lazy to go through these steps.

Anyway I will update you with the latest news regarding this issue. hope this will be useful for others also.

Thanks again for this kind help.
With Best Regards

Imtiaz Ali
imtiazwighio
backpacker

Re: Sponsor wife Dubai minimum salary 10000 AED

Postby imtiazwighio » 24 Sep 2009, 10:44

Dear Friends,

Thanks God I have got my wifes visa, right now this rule of 10000 is not applied, I have heard from my friends that may be from the year 2010 they will implement this rule.

Imtiaz Ali
imtiazwighio
backpacker

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE