Sponsoring a Child in UAE

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Sponsoring a Child in UAE

Postby desertrose » 01 Oct 2009, 17:12

Hi Shawarma,

Do you have any idea if a single mother can sponsor her daughter here in Dubai? If so, what are the requirements and procedure?

Many thanks in advance.

DR

Challenges are what we live for.
desertrose
visitor

Single mum sponsoring child in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 01 Oct 2009, 21:35

It depends on why the mother is single and when she became single.

A divorced or widowed mother can sponsor children - bring proof along with all the other documents.
If the children are not biologically related then permission from the biological father might be needed.
If children are adopted then adoption papers should be enough.

If child was born out of wedlock then it could be difficult. I have heard comments that some mothers have succeeded but I don't know if it's officially accepted or if they were just lucky. Contact the Dubai residence department and ask them. For example it might be easier if child was born when mother was single, mother then got married, then divorced, depending on how closely the bureaucrats scrutinise all the paperwork.

Procedure and documents are listed here for family sponsorship in Dubai.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Sponsoring a Child in UAE

Postby mother » 22 Nov 2010, 09:27

I have been in UAE for the past 6 years, working for 2 years. I have a daughter and we both have been sponsored by my husband. Now we are getting divorced. Is it possible for me to sponsor my child once I move into the company sponsorship.

Pls help.
mother

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE