Dubai visa issue time delay

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Dubai visa issue time delay

Postby Rachelle » 08 Oct 2010, 07:51

hi there! My name is Rachelle and i just wanna ask a question. im just wondering why my visa took so long. Its been two weeks since I applied for a dubai visa and until now I don't have the visa with me yet. My friend told me that its because of my age, im only 21. I just wanna know what happened, is it really because of my age? will my visa be released?
Rachelle

How long to issue a UAE visa

Postby shawarma » 08 Oct 2010, 13:52

The length of time to issue a Dubai or UAE visa depends on a few things.

What type of UAE visa? Residence visas probably take longer than tourist visas or visit visas for example.
Nationality? Some nationalities undergo extra security checks which take time (that might be urban legend but I thought I read a news article about it once).

Age might be a factor, I have heard that single women under 30 find it more difficult to get a visit visa, especially from some countries. But again, that could just be a bit of urban legend and/or old information.

Try contacting the Dubai visa department and asking them, or asking whoever is arranging your visa to make an enquiry.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE