Cancel Abu Dhabi employment entry permit visa without ban

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Cancel Abu Dhabi employment entry permit visa without ban

Postby khan » 18 Jan 2015, 18:26

Recently i got employment in real estate company as agent and they sent me pink slip of visa. But i have another job offer from Abu Dhabi in Engineering company as Engineer. Can i cancel this unused visa and get the new one without being banned?
khan
backpacker

Re: Employment entry permit cancellation

Postby shawarma » 18 Jan 2015, 21:28

You cannot cancel the employment entry permit yourself, the company which applied for it for you needs to do that.

You can ask them, just say that due to a change in personal circumstances you are unable to take up their job offer and could they please cancel the visa. Don't tell them you have another job offer. They might or might not cancel it, they might or might not ask you to pay money towards the expenses they have incurred, they might or might not think you have another job offer, they might not cancel it if they think you do have another offer so it becomes difficult for you to get another visa.

If they do cancel it, then your new employer can proceed with a new visa application.

If they don't cancel it, then you have to wait until it expires before a new visa can be applied for (whether employment, visit, or tourist visa). Normally an employment entry visa has a 2 month or 60 day validity period before it expires if it isn't used.

As far as I know, there is no ban imposed in this situation, but check with the UAE Ministry of Labour or Immigration Departmant (contact the one in Dubai, they are likely to be more helpful, and can answer questions for other emirates) directly to confirm.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-ban-uae.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-cancellation-dubai.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Cancel Abu Dhabi employment entry permit visa without ba

Postby khan » 18 Jan 2015, 21:31

Thank you. I just called ministry of labor Dubai and they told me ban wont be imposed if it is unused. I hope visa gets cancel and happens what ministry said. Because i heard from many people that there are no hard and fast rules and anything can happen.
khan
backpacker

Re: Cancel Abu Dhabi employment entry permit visa without ba

Postby mrpw » 18 Jun 2015, 15:55

How did it go? I am having problems. The company won't cancel the unused entry permit for work for me. What will I do?
mrpw
visitor

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE