Visa for maids baby in Dubai

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Visa for maids baby in Dubai

Postby liana » 20 Jan 2015, 17:00

I live in Dubai and my maid is having a baby. Can a visa be arranged for the baby? She wants to continue working for me and I would love to keep her on as she is an angel. How does one sponsor the baby?
liana
visitor

Re: Visa for maids baby in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 20 Jan 2015, 17:29

I don't know if there are specific restrictions on maids sponsoring their families.

Women usually cannot sponsor their husbands and children unless they are one of a few professions (teacher, doctor, lawyer, or similar), and/or earning a minimum salary of AED 10,000. Dubai is probably the most flexible emirate in this respect, as in they are less likely to worry about the occupation if the minimum salary requirement is met.

If your maid is not married then she needs to get that sorted out quickly. Her first hospital visit for a check up is likely to result in the hospital notifying the police of her status, and a follow up arrest. She either needs to get married or leave the UAE until after she's given birth.

If she is married, then if her husband earns a minimum AED 3k with accommodation provided, or AED 4k without, he can sponsor her and family. Reports last year of that minimum increasing to AED 10k were apparently incorrect, although they might apply in Abu Dhabi.

I don't know if there is a way for you to sponsor the child yourself, my guess is no, but call the Dubai immigration department (DNRD) and ask them. And also to confirm if a maid can or cannot sponsor her own child.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/pregnant-in-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-husband-wife-dubai.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby liana » 20 Jan 2015, 18:57

She is married, but her husband does not earn 3k. He has accomadation and a stable job. I will go and check with DNRD to find out about us sponsoring the baby. Do you think that is possible?
liana
visitor

Postby shawarma » 21 Jan 2015, 01:05

No, well not under the sponsorship rules as I understand them, but I'm not the immigration department, or any sort of authority on UAE visa rules.

Give the husband a job with a salary of 3k and accommodation, or 4k without accommodation, if you have the money to do that. Or reduce the maid salary to compensate.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE