Contract renewal before vacation leave in Dubai

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Contract renewal before vacation leave in Dubai

Postby suren1689 » 20 Jan 2015, 20:08

Dear Shawarma,

I,[edit by moderator]personal information removed, see forum rules[/edit] Indian nationality working as civil engineer in reputed company in Dubai for last 2 years. My Labor contract is about to expire on 24th feb 2015 and My visa expires on 16th april 2015.

I plan to go for vacation on 12th feb 2015 and return back on 14th march 2015, Do I face any issue in immigration at the time of arrival or Is it required to renew my contract before I go for vacation?

It would be great if u clarify my doubt. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
[edit by moderator]personal information removed, see forum rules[/edit]
suren1689
visitor

Re: Labour contract expiry but not residence visa during hol

Postby shawarma » 04 Feb 2015, 00:53

Since Dubai immigration is concerned with your residence status rather than your labour contract, I don't think there would be a problem. However ...

... I am not the immigration department, and I can also think of a few ways where it might go wrong for you. For example

If immigration decides to check your labour status when you arrive back in the UAE.
If, as a result of your labour contract expiring, your employer says something to the labour department, who then notify the immigration department there's a problem.

You should ask your employer, and the immigration department. The Dubai immigration office has a 24 hr helpline you can call. You could also call the Ministry of Labour for a second opinion.

Anyway, I would have thought both you and your employer would want the contract renewed before it expires, which means it should be done before you go on vacation.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE