Visit visa rejection for ex-UAE Filipino unskilled worker

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Visit visa rejection for ex-UAE Filipino unskilled worker

Postby jms016 » 08 Feb 2015, 08:54

Hi can you please share your thoughts on this. My brother who worked in UAE before resigned. Its been more than a year so he wanted to visit UAE again to see relatives and friends. He worked as a supervisor for 4 years but initially his visa was helper mechanic. When i try to get him a visit visa it was rejected because his previous visa fall into the unskilled category. I then asked a different agency explaining what happened but they told me the same, it will be rejected because he is an Ex-UAE with unskilled category.

So in this case, he can never get to visit UAE again even if he has a new job in our home country and good salary? Is there anybody that experience the same? By the way, nationality is Filipino (Philippines).

Hope somebody give me their thoughts. Thank you.
jms016
visitor

Re: Visit visa rejection rules in UAE

Postby shawarma » 08 Feb 2015, 14:07

That's unfortunate for your brother but if those are the rules there's not much you can do about it. I know of one case when a someone apparently was issued a tourist visa when it shouldn't have been based on the job category, but that information came from a surprised travel agent, and I think the agent said it should have been a visit visa which was issued. So that example might not be a good one for your brother's situation. Anyway it sounds like an unexplained exception rather than something to rely on.

The only things I can think of are:

1. Try and get a tourist visa instead of a visit visa. I don't know if the rules regarding occupation categories are different for the two types of visa.

2. Try and get a job in the UAE again, if successful then an employment entry visa should be issued, which is good for staying 30 days I think in the UAE (might be 60 days). If he doesn't go ahead with the job and leaves before it expires then he won't be in trouble with immigration for overstaying but there might be a record in the Ministry of Labour (MOL) which makes it more difficult for him in future if he does want to work in the UAE again. The company which processed his entry permit would understandably be annoyed, and might file a complaint with the MOL, which could also create difficulties. I would not recommend this option as a way of visiting the UAE though.

3. A company could try to get a visit visa issued but I expect if the reason for rejection was his occupation category, it would probably be the same again.

4. Try a different travel agency, maybe they have a suggestion.

5. If you applied in an emirate other than Dubai, try applying in Dubai. Sometimes there is variation in the rules or how they are applied in different emirates. If you tried in Dubai, I don't expect it would be more likely in another emirate though. Perhaps Ajman, RAK, or Fujairah. Contact a travel agent in whichever emirate to see if they can get a tourist or visit visa issued (contact two agents preferably to see if their stories agree).

6. Contact the immigration department in Dubai helpline and ask if there is a way to apply for a visa as a special case. A good reason might help - perhaps something family related, for example a wedding or his wife wants to come to help take care of your children.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-tourist-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visit-visa-relative-dubai.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Visit visa rejection

Postby jms016 » 09 Feb 2015, 08:29

Hi shawarma,

thanks for the reply. We actually asked two different agencies in Dubai for this situation. To tell you honestly, i am surprised because both agencies mentioned a option for the rejection. An "extra" cost (under the table) processing of visa. I asked whether this will really assure us on an approval and they told me it is. But incase it will not be approve, they will give back the "extra" cost but not in full.

I dont know if its ok to post this on the thread (edit it if you wish to). I will still try to ask agencies from different Emirate.

jms016
visitor

Re: Visit visa additional payment for application

Postby shawarma » 09 Feb 2015, 19:06

jms016 wrote:I dont know if its ok to post this on the thread (edit it if you wish to).

If it's not ok it is more likely to be deleted.

You or travel agencies aren't named so we'll go with it's ok for the time being.

The reality of doing things anywhere in the world is that there is usually more than one option for getting something done. Often there are different opinions about whether various options are legal, moral, ethical, etc.

That's what you'll have to consider so you can decide if you feel comfortable about paying an unofficial additional charge to get a visit visa issued. That option doesn't sound like something unusual here, many procedures go more smoothly when additional fees are paid or the right sort of wasta is involved.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/wasta.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE