Absconding case cancelled but is Dubai immigration informed?

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Absconding case cancelled but is Dubai immigration informed?

Postby lefrenchie64 » 24 Feb 2015, 01:22

hi desertspeakers

i m so glad i can write that after almost 2 years of battle.

my ex employer is lifting the absconding case he filed against me and that s great news.

i will finally be able to come back to dubai but i wonder what will happen with immigration on arrival?

will they still detain me?it would be awesome to hear someone that had that luck to have a case removed against them and share what happens on arrival.

letme know
lefrenchie64
visitor

Re: Absconding case cancelled in UAE

Postby shawarma » 02 Mar 2015, 19:35

I would assume that the immigration department is notified that an absconding case has been lifted, or that whatever information is on your file with the Ministry of Labour is also available to immigration if relevant.

However, making assumptions is sometimes (or often) a risky thing to do, especially in Dubai.

I would check with both the Ministry of Labour (MOL) and the Dubai immigration department and ask them. You should be able to email or phone. Or do both to get an additional confirmation.

And whatever you do, at least carry a copy of any relevant documentation with you to show immigration when you enter the UAE. Check the MOL website for online services, you might be able to look up a case reference and print out a result (I'm only guessing here).

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE