eVisa from company in Abu Dhabi but have better offer

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

eVisa from company in Abu Dhabi but have better offer

Postby radiosa » 28 Feb 2015, 13:00

Hi People,

I hope someone will help me out.

I am in Abu Dhabi on a Visit Visa until 11th of March. On the 26th of February I got an eVisa \ Entry Permit - New - Work \ from company X whose offer letter i signed (3000Dhs salary). Company X tells me that i should get out of the country and reenter with the new Visa.

In the meantime I got an offer from Etihad with a salary of 6000. And I accepted and described the situation to the HR.

What is the scenario that expects me ? I want to work with Etihad and the salary is 2 times better,not mentioning the company itself.

Should I cancel the Visa ?
Can I reenter the country on companies X eVisa /Entry Permit- New - Work\ and then somehow transfer the Visa to Etihad.

Thank you in advanced.
radiosa
visitor

Re: Cancel Abu Dhabi employment visa to apply for new one

Postby shawarma » 02 Mar 2015, 00:42

UAE immigration will only issue one visa at a time for any individual. If you have a valid visa, then they will not issue another one until the first one has been cancelled or has expired.

An employment entry permit usually has a validity period of 2 months (or 60 days) before it expires if not used, so one option is to wait that long, then the second company should be able to apply for a new one. If they apply before that, the application will automatically be rejected.

Otherwise you need to ask the first company to cancel the visa. Understandably they might be reluctant to do that since they have gone to some expense to get it issued in the first place. As far as I know, there is no legal obligation for them to cancel it in this situation, so you'd have to find some way to negotiate a cancellation with them.

You cannot cancel the visa yourself, the company has to apply to the labour and immigration departments to do that.

You should not enter the UAE on the first visa hoping to transfer to the second company. As far as I know it is not possible, or not a simple thing to do, and it is possible the first company makes a complaint with the labour department and requests an employment ban.

If the second company is aware of your situation, ask them what they suggest you do. A company that size should have some idea, I doubt you're the first employee on their books to be in that situation.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-ban-uae.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/immigration-uae.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: eVisa from company in Abu Dhabi but have better offer

Postby radiosa » 02 Mar 2015, 14:26

Man, such a tremendous help with this post !

I appreciate it so much !

Such a help man !

How can I say Thank you ?

Can i help you promote this forum for free of course I have experience in social media. Thanks you made my day as I know now what to do !

Shawarma do you know what was the cost for them to make the Visa ? And cost of cancellation ? In case I have to pay them the cancellation..
radiosa
visitor

Re: visa cancellation costs

Postby shawarma » 02 Mar 2015, 19:07

You're welcome.

I don't know what the visa cancellation fees are, if any. My best guess is there aren't, or they are relatively low. Whatever they are, will be charged by immigration to the company, not to you.

Entry permit fees are about AED 500-600 for one month tourist or visit visas so perhaps it's similar for an employment entry permit. Again, I'm making a guess.

If the company is difficult about cancelling the visa you could offer to reimburse them for any costs associated with it but be wary of them taking advantage of that and claiming thousands of dirhams of expenses. I've heard of companies cancelling the visa no problem, companies absolutely refusing to, and companies cancelling it after some negotiation. So I can't make any prediction about what your company will do.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-fees-table-dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-cancellation-dubai.php

Thanks for social media promotion offer. Without getting into that too much (don't want to go too far off topic here), any links to topics in the forum you find useful would be appreciated, or even just to the home page :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE