Employment Entry Permit validity period Dubai UAE

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Employment Entry Permit validity period Dubai UAE

Postby shawarma » 03 Mar 2015, 16:04

New topic started since this relates to several topics with questions about the UAE Employment Entry Permit, Visa, or eVisa. All similar names for the same thing, the permit which allows you to enter the UAE for the purposes of employment. Often called an employment visa, but not to be confused with a Residence Visa sponsored by your employer, which is also sometimes called an employment visa.

Below comments moved from the topic about Employment Entry Permit or visa cancellation.

Information relates to Dubai, as in official and authoritative Dubai sources referred to. The same should apply for other emirates - Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, etc but confirm with immigration departments in those emirates before relying on that assumption. Original information update came from the UAE Ministry of Labour, which should mean it is correct for all emirates not just Dubai.

shawarma wrote:2. Visa or entry permit only valid 30 days before entry, not 60 (and 60 days after entry not 30). Apparently.

It appears that something has changed.

DNRD (or GDRFA-Dubai) - immigration department information says (with a last updated 03 Mar 2015):

2- Validity of work entry permit (ministry of labor) is (60) days of the date of issuance, renewable for two times.
3- Period of work entry permit (ministry of labor) is (60) days of the date of entry, the residence shall be proved in this period.

Dubai Government e-portal says (dated 31 May 2011):

Private companies can obtain new employment entry permits for their employees, provided that they apply for residence visa status within 30 days from the employee’s entry into the UAE.

I have a copy of an employment entry permit from someone who came to the UAE in 2014 which is clearly valid for 30 days after first entry, so if there has been a change, it is fairly recent.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/immigration-uae.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Employment Entry Permit validity period Dubai UAE

Postby khan » 05 Mar 2015, 12:53

it is 60 days as it was issued on 14 Jan and is valid upto 14th March 2015. One more information i want to share is that when I called MOL they said my work permit that was approved expired on 23rd Feb 2015. It seems like there are different validities for employment entry permit and approval of visa. So i guess they will start getting fines after 30 days according to 23rd Feb 2015.
khan
backpacker

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE