Residence and work permit cancelled Dubai with new passport

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Residence and work permit cancelled Dubai with new passport

Postby Trisha » 12 Mar 2015, 16:04

Hi

Just want to know, if the Company cancel the labour Card and the immigration is still not cancel, when will be the start of the grace period of the time for staying in dubai.

my company cancel the labour card but cant cancel in immigration coz i just renew my passport and they cant cancel it coz i still not received the passport, please reply
Trisha
visitor

Re: Passport renewal and residence visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 12 Mar 2015, 16:16

You could hand in your old passport for the residence visa in it to be cancelled (and I'd assume that's what you have to do since that's the passport with your residence visa, and the immigration department has details of that passport in their records).

As far as I know when you do passport renewal, your old passport is still valid until you receive your new passport, which is when the embassy or consulate cancels your old passport, by either stamping it as cancelled or punching holes in it, or both.

But I would suggest waiting until you are told your new passport is ready. Then hand in your old passport for visa cancellation, then go and get your new passport.

Grace period of 30 days starts when your residence visa is cancelled as far as I know since it applies to you staying in the UAE legally, not working in the UAE. But check with Dubai immigration.

With respect to passport validity and renewal, check with your consulate or embassy. My answer is a general one and might not apply depending on which country you are from.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-cancellation-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/embassies-and-consulates-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Residence and work permit cancelled Dubai with new passp

Postby Trisha » 12 Mar 2015, 16:22

my company cancel already my labour card last feb 22, so that time i will count 30 days grace period or on the time or when they cancel on immigration?
Trisha
visitor

Re: Passport renewal and residence visa cancellation

Postby shawarma » 13 Mar 2015, 11:13

Ask Dubai immigration and the MOL. See my previous post.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE