Hepatitis B rule in Dubai for Emirates cabin crew job

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Hepatitis B rule in Dubai for Emirates cabin crew job

Postby Lilly » 23 May 2016, 15:18

Hello!

Please help me out here. I am Hep B positive, badly want to wark in Dubai. Hot my offer rejected by Emirates Airlines for CC position. AM I not allowed to ever work in Dubai with my condition?
Lilly
visitor

Re: Hepatitis B rule in Dubai for Emirates cabin crew job

Postby shawarma » 23 May 2016, 15:54

The rules changed a few years ago regarding Hepatitis B (and other conditions) for residence visas in the UAE, with less restrictions. I think new visa applicants still tested but only some categories of workers refused visas if positive for Hepatitis B.

One of those categories is catering or food establishment employees. My guess is that because airline cabin crew handle food, that could be why your application was rejected.

If you want to work in the UAE, you'll have to apply for a job in a category other than the restricted ones. Employers with positions in the restricted categories often (or always) ask successful applicants to undergo a medical test before being issued an employment entry permit. This is not the same as the medical test done as part of the residence visa application.

More here ...

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/medical-test-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-residence-dubai.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE