City Global Group

Questionable employment positions - warnings, scams, fake jobs and hoax jobs advertised for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE.
Forum rules
Post questionable UAE job ads here for discussion and opinion. Please keep comments polite and respectful. Links: Employment agencies in Dubai | Jobs in Dubai | Teaching jobs in Dubai | Consumer rights UAE

City Global Group

Postby beer-monster » 30 Nov 2009, 19:51

Hi,

I'm receiving email from City Global Group that says it is based in London. I cannot seem to find the company listed in the UK Company Database and no company number is listed on their website (www.cggroups.com).

Basically, a contact there has found my email address on Monster and requests more info about me and my reasons for wanting to work in Dubai.

The numbers on the website are premium rate and the fax number is English but when I called, it was disconnected. Obviously I haven't tried the premium rate numbers as they are about 50p a min.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of them on this forum?

Cheers,
R.
beer-monster
visitor

Re: City Global Group

Postby simi » 01 Dec 2009, 10:56

I got the similar emails.

I think it is job SCAM. I also didnt get any confirmed existance of this firm.

Better to ignore it.
simi
visitor

Postby ronald101 » 02 Dec 2009, 11:04

Yes , The company is located at London United Kingdom , City Global Was my previous Employer and my 2 years contract with them expired roughly 3 months ago.

Im presently working here in Sharjah
ronald101
visitor

Postby shawarma » 07 Dec 2009, 19:33

I haven't heard of City Global Group / City Global Groups and there's very little information on the internet that I could find, except for a couple of "Is CGG a scam" type questions. That indicates to me that it is either relatively new, or has recently been renamed.

Contact details from website are

Address: 1-55 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 3AH, UK
Tel: +44-703-5980849 and +44-700-5964813 (or +44-703-598 0849 and +44-700-596 4813)
Fax: +44-207-7856803 and +44-700-5964831 (or +44-207-785 6803 and +44-700-596 4831)
Email: info@cggroups.com

The Global City Group website is almost an exact copy of a website for Altium Group Canada but neither website mentions the other company which comes across as a bit suspicious.

Altium Group Canada address (from website): 360 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2K4
Telephone: +1.647.277.1274
Fax: +1.613.482.3406

Both websites have a page on the Oil & Gas division that is also the same as a page about Essar Oil on the Monster India website, and apparently the oil refinery in India will supply 60% of the demand for something related to oil in Canada, India, and the UK :shock: .

City Global Group:
Global-scale refinery

We were among the first to enter the refining sector when it was opened to private participation. Our US$ 2.14 bn refinery at Vadinar, Darker, which has achieved full financial closure, is two-thirds complete and will be commissioned in 24 months.. With a capacity of 10.5 MTPA (that can rise to 12 MTPA after de-bottlenecking), this world-class refinery complex will focus on producing middle distillates like aviation turbine fuel, kerosene oil and high-speed diesel, which form over 60% of UK's demand. We will also produce LPG and transport fuels including petrol conforming to Euro III and Euro IV product quality standards for the domestic and export markets.

Altium Group Canada:
Global-scale refinery

We were among the first to enter the refining sector when it was opened to private participation. Our US$ 2.14 bn refinery at Vadinar, Darker, which has achieved full financial closure, is two-thirds complete and will be commissioned in 24 months.. With a capacity of 10.5 MTPA (that can rise to 12 MTPA after de-bottlenecking), this world-class refinery complex will focus on producing middle distillates like aviation turbine fuel, kerosene oil and high-speed diesel, which form over 60% of Canada's demand. We will also produce LPG and transport fuels including petrol conforming to Euro III and Euro IV product quality standards for the domestic and export markets.

Essar Oil (company.monsterindia.com/essarin/essar_Oil.html):
Global-scale refinery

We were among the first to enter the refining sector when it was opened to private participation. Our US$ 2.14 bn (Rs.99billion) refinery at Vadinar, Gujarat, which has achieved full financial closure, is two-thirds complete and will be commissioned in 24 months.. With a capacity of 10.5 MTPA (that can rise to 12 MTPA after de-bottlenecking), this world-class refinery complex will focus on producing middle distillates like aviation turbine fuel, kerosene oil and high-speed diesel, which form over 60% of India's demand. We will also produce LPG and transport fuels including petrol conforming to Euro III and Euro IV product quality standards for the domestic and export markets.

For a company apparently with significant industrial assets (a $2 billion oil refinery for example) it seems most odd that there isn't more information about them. Whatever they are, I'd suggest some more serious investigation before signing up with them or parting with any money - check with a Chamber of Commerce or Registered Company directory for example.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Job scams and hoaxes Dubai UAE