Global Recruiters Dubai

Questionable employment positions - warnings, scams, fake jobs and hoax jobs advertised for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE.
Forum rules
Post questionable UAE job ads here for discussion and opinion. Please keep comments polite and respectful. Links: Employment agencies in Dubai | Jobs in Dubai | Teaching jobs in Dubai | Consumer rights UAE

Global Recruiters Dubai

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 17:01

Update January 2008: Global Recruiters appear to have rebranded themselves as Global Recruiting Resources Ltd.
Update February 2008: Shila Pets Farm seems to be another Global Recruiters organisations.

Global Recruiters - DubaiFAQs.com information

I received a question about a school called Deira Homeland School which is a school that does not appear to exist, at least under that name.

A teaching position was offered via Global Recruiters, a job recruitment organisation apparently based in London. Global Recruiters also has a Dubai tel number and contact but, for a number of reasons, looks like a questionable recruitment agency. I would be wary about dealing with them.

Dubai Office
Mr Rashid Abbas
Global Recruiters
Phone Number:+971-509468801
freewebs.com/globalrecruiter/

Head Office
Global Recruiters
Corn Exchange 156 Mark Lane London, England EC3R 4NE
Phone Number: +44-7024017304
Fax Number: +44-870490922
Email: globalrecruiter @ myway.com

If you are offered a position through this Global Recruiters, verify directly with the school or employing organisation that the position exists before parting with any money (employees should not be paying recruitment fees anyway), and before handing over any important documents eg passport etc. Make sure you find contact details for the organisation independently, and ask the organisation what the procedure is regarding employment visas etc.

There is at least one more Global Recruiters organisation with offices around the world that appears to be more legitimate, and unrelated to the Global Recruiters mentioned above.

See also...

Teaching in Dubai
Dubai recruitment - agencies and other information
Jobs in Dubai
Dubai visas

Updates

Other schools that appear to be for Global Recruiters placements.

Atika Language School (apparently at the same address as the Deira Homeland School).
Deira Homeland School - discussion topic
Zifarah Language Institutes - appeared sometime in December 2007?

Other websites that may be related to Global Recruiters.

globalrecruiters.tk
uaeimmigration.tk - when checked, was a frame for dnrd.gov.ae, which is an official Dubai government website but I doubt that uaeimmigration.tk is under the control of the UAE government.

As an aside, .tk refers to Tokelau Islands in the Pacific Ocean who were giving domain names away for free to anyone, whereas .gov.ae can only be set up by a UAE government organisation (.co.ae or .ae domains are available to anyone in the UAE).

Was it good for you too?

If you found this information useful, then link back to this topic if you have a website or blog, or use other forums. Or bookmark it in an online bookmarking website. The more often that people link to this page, the more likely it is that people searching for information on Global Recruiters, will find this page.

Here's some text you can use in forum posts (copy/paste) which will appear as Global Recruiters

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=268]Global Recruiters[/url]

And html code for blog posts, blog comments, and websites (but not forum posts) - will also appear as Global Recruiters

<a href="http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=268">Global Recruiters</a>

Alternatively, if you think the Global Recruiters website is useful, then you can link to them. Sorry, but I'm afraid I won't help with the code for that one ;) .
Last edited by shawarma on 04 Apr 2009, 19:47, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Added Atika Language School comment
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Global Recruiters, Dubai

Postby helen » 03 Dec 2007, 18:26

Stop blackmailing others.
i secure a job in dubai through the help of Global Recruiters.
Helen...
helen
backpacker

Location of Deira Homeland School

Postby helen » 03 Dec 2007, 18:27

The Deira Homeland School is located at 683-686 Sheikh zayed Street,Deira Dubai United Arab Emirates.
helen
backpacker

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 18:30

helen wrote:Stop blackmailing others.
i secure a job in dubai through the help of Global Recruiters.
Helen...

Replied in Deira Homeland School topic.
shawarma

Global Recruiters, Dubai location

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 18:30

I see Global Recruiters have updated their contact details for the UAE, giving an office location, and they've added US contact details. The UAE office location throws up another red flag IMHO. I don't know anything about the US contact details.

U.A.E OFFICE
18th Floor,76 Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
TEL:+971-509468801

U.S.A OFFICE
754 South State Street, Suite 303, Painesville, OH 44077
TEL/FAX:+1-360-684-8414
shawarma

Zafirah Language Institutes

Postby shawarma » 21 Dec 2007, 13:15

Zafirah Language School or Institute looks like the latest offering from Global Recruiters. An email sent out with a job offer from them has the following information

Find as attached your letter of Employment, Contract conditionality and all other rules and regulations as stipulated by the law of the land.
For your traveling visas and work permit, you are advised to contact the below listed address directly. This is the office that is responsible for final approval and issuance of visas and work permit.
Atten. H.E. Saif Abdullah Al Shafar
United Arab Emirates-Ministry of Interior
Naturalization & Residency Administration-Dubai.
{Foreign Employment Visa Issuance Department}
P.O.Box: 4333, Dubai, U.A.E
Tel/Fax: +971 4338 1603
E-Mail:info @ uaeimmigration.tk
www.uaeimmigration.tk
We are urgently looking forward to hearing from you.

The tel number is a fax machine, apparently for EuropeCar Rental. I haven't heard any news about the UAE immigration department diversifying into car rental :shock: . And the website is not the official UAE immigration ministry website (which is why I've linked it to the post explaining more). The Dubai visas information has all the relevant ministry links.

What was particularly worrying about the email was that it came with an official looking letterhead from the UAE ministry, saying you should apply to them for your work visa, and allegedly signed of by the Minister of the Interior. This is not correct. The employer applies for the work permit, and is responsible for all associated costs.

The letter also asks for money to be transferred via Western Union to Mrs Shila Wasabangah of 17 Naif Road, Deira, Dubai (or Shilawasabangah / Was Abangah?). Since when, in any country, do you send a payment for a government department to someone's personal account?
shawarma

Postby ppp » 30 Dec 2007, 03:09

hi all
can someone please help me, We got a email offering a job at Zafirah Language School is the school real? its been sent by global recruitment...
should i forget the emails?
please help :?
ppp
visitor

Zafirah

Postby shawarma » 30 Dec 2007, 12:06

ppp wrote:should i forget the emails?

Hi ppp and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

Did you see this page about Zafirah (and the Zafirah comments)?

I can't say for certain that Zafirah Language School doesn't exist, only that I don't know anyone that has found any evidence that it does, or the other schools that claim to offer jobs via Global Recruiters and which have the same contact details as Zafirah.

If it was me, I'd forget about Zafirah and Global Recruiters and look for a job directly with one of the schools in Dubai that does exist. Irrespective of whether or not these institutes are scams, no agency should be charging you fees anyway.

See also this information about teaching in Dubai.
shawarma

Postby ngarbade » 30 Dec 2007, 21:26

SCAM SCAM SCAM
$4400USD ESL Offer in DUBAI United Arab Emirates
$4400USD ESL Offer in DUBAI United Arab Emirates [ESL Teaching Employment Vacancy in United Arab Emirates] LOCATION%3 globalrecruiters
Dec-30-07 04:50 PM
shame on them! This morning after repeated emails to them asking why the job at Zafirah Language Institute was NO MORE.....they worte me and told me that they had reported me to the FBI and that i was a criminal without and identity...
a little history...
I too was approved with little info to work at the Zafirah Language Institue...then I was directed to get my work visa form ONLY this email address wtih details where to send the 300$...RED FLAG....so I wrote them back and told them i could get a visa in the USA less expensive...never heard form them again...so I continued to write....and question them,,,,and the reply I got this morning was that they reported me to the FBI...
Also I applied to them for another position in UAE just to see what happened and they told me they have no positions for me....
so like everyone else...I have no CONCRETE evidence that they arent real...but cmon ..I dont need to be slapped in the face.
so Im still looking for a job in the UAE....
Nancy Floyd
ngarbade
visitor

Postby ppp » 01 Jan 2008, 10:55

is there anyway we can get them, i was so pissed off when i learnt they were fack :o
ppp
visitor

Global Recruiters complaints

Postby shawarma » 01 Jan 2008, 14:46

ppp wrote:is there anyway we can get them,

Well, I wouldn't bother with the FBI unless Global Recruiters really do have a relationship with them :).

Global Recruiters claim to have offices in the UK and the UAE. I don't know who you would complain to in the UK, or what you would complain about. Maybe whatever government body deals with job agencies - that is, if they have done something wrong according to British law. My guess is that UK employment agencies are not allowed to charge job seekers a fee for finding a job, but that's only a guess and might be wrong.

In the UAE, you could try one of these organisations. It will depend on the specific nature of the complaint.

Ministry of Labour for violations of labour regulations eg charging job searchers a fee.
Economic Department if company is not a legitimate entity in the UAE, or not operating with a trade licence
Ministry of Education for educational institutes that may be operating without a license
Immigration Department for visa related issues, although if an employer is trying to make an employee pay for their visa costs, that would probably be an issue for the Labour Department.

Of course, the other thing you can do is link back to this topic if you have a website or blog, or if you comment on blogs or use other forums. That's assuming you think this is useful of course :). The more that people link to this page, the more likely it is that people searching for information on Global Recruiters, will find this page.

Here's some text you can use in forum posts (copy/paste) to appear as Global Recruiters

[url=http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=268]Global Recruiters[/url]

And html code for blog posts, blog comments, and websites (but not forum posts) - will also appear as Global Recruiters

<a href="http://www.desertspeak.com/viewtopic.php?t=268">Global Recruiters</a>

Alternatively, you can of course link to the Global Recruiters website if you think that's useful. Sorry, but I'm afraid I won't help with the code for that one ;) .
shawarma

Postby Safari » 03 Jan 2008, 22:05

Global Recruiters is such a scam. They got me too for the Zarifah Language Institute. I had a feeling that it was too good because of the large payment and the fact that they were asking me to send money for my visa to the same address as mentioned in other posts. I was even given an email address of a women who is supposed to be the head of their foreign teachers and when I did not receive a response, I send the same questions to the "human resources manager" and after two emails in which he did not answer my questions, he sent me a final one and told me that he did not have time to answer my questions and that if I was not satisfied with the job to look for another one. I also thought that the .tk at the end of their email was funny. They should be ashamed!! Sorry for everyone else who is havivng trouble with them as well. It looks like many of us inquired about the job at the same time, around the end of December.
Safari
visitor

Global Recruiters Resources

Postby shawarma » 01 Feb 2008, 16:10

Global Recruiters appear to have rebranded themselves as Global Recruiting Resources Ltd, so have started a new topic. If you know of any institutions they are advertising for, add names there, or here for Global Recruiters, so we can find out if they are correct or not and help other job seekers :).
shawarma

Postby desertflowers » 17 Mar 2008, 00:50

Here is a great deal of information on Global Recruiters on Dave's ESL Cafe

forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=59926
desertflowers
visitor

Re: Global Recruiters Dubai

Postby yolanda » 13 Apr 2009, 16:39

Hi, I am a resident of mozambique selling land. ( not advertising)
Now, global recruitment has contacted me and wants to buy land, maybe for building these invisible schools?!?!
Not sure after reading this where i stand with this company either.
Also not sure if they want to use the land for shila's pet farm.
How are these 2 companies connected?
yolanda
visitor

Global Recruiters Mozambique

Postby shawarma » 14 Apr 2009, 13:23

Hello yolanda and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

yolanda wrote:Now, global recruitment has contacted me and wants to buy land, maybe for building these invisible schools?!

Invisible schools indeed :). If it's the same Global Recruitment that's advertising teaching jobs in Dubai then yes, any schools they build could be more transparent than you'd expect.

yolanda wrote:How are these 2 companies connected?

Global recruiters and Shila Pet Farm? I don't know what the connection is, only that they have the same contact details.

I don't know anything about the land buying process in Mozambique but I would hope there are trustworthy lawyers or property agents you could engage to work through the deal to keep everything secure - perhaps via some sort of escrow process.
shawarma

Postby hhs110 » 05 Sep 2011, 16:14

I got the job offer this morning from Global recruiters, Beware in the start they dont ask any money but later on they will ask for the money. Watch and learn please dont send any money. SCAM...
hhs110

Postby janec » 24 Feb 2012, 04:58

I was looking forward to working with them, but now I've found this page...One more disappointment :(
janec
visitor

Return to Job scams and hoaxes Dubai UAE