Dubai British Foundation School reviews

Nurseries, preschools, kindergartens, childcare, daycare in Dubai city and emirate. Quick reply No. Active topics Yes. Subforum in parent Yes.

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new nursery. Links: Nurseries in Dubai | Teaching in Dubai | Education in Dubai

Dubai British Foundation School reviews

Postby mcooper » 11 Aug 2014, 19:53

Dubai British Foundation School Jumeirah Islands - information page.

Add information and comments to this topic.
mcooper
trailblazer

Re: Dubai British Foundation School reviews

Postby dubaimom » 18 Sep 2015, 19:21

Fantastic school! Sent my child there last year and she is now in Year 1. She had the most wonderful teacher who amazed me and my husband with her dedication and teaching skills. I will never forget the wonderful start she gave to my child. Thank you Ms. Carroll.
dubaimom

Postby Britmom81 » 29 Oct 2015, 23:40

Great school- very happy and inclusive. My son is in FS2 and after worrying about many different issues with him which nursery highlighted he is progressing fantastically and has made lots of friends. His teacher is so experienced and caring and has made sure I feel involved and informed. Rumours are she is leaving for a principalship elsewhere in the new year so I'm hoping that won't happen. Fingers crossed!
Britmom81

Postby CaringFather » 31 Jan 2016, 18:14

Initially impressed when my 4yo joined FS1 but after 6 months he doesn't seem to have learnt anything other than bad habits. The curriculum seems to be centered around making things as easy as possible for teachers. No maths, no real reading/writing, no basic science learning, etc. Only singing and playing.

More importantly there is a real lack of attention to hygiene, supervision of toddlers in toilets is non-existent.

With the planned increases in student numbers in each class for this coming year (24:1 at FS2 level) and the already evident lack of teaching and supervision, I am looking for better options.

Really sad that the management don't care about parent's concerns for the children's well-being when approached.
CaringFather

Re: Dubai British Foundation School excellent

Postby Americangal » 11 Nov 2016, 19:35

Excellent school. My daughter attended for 2 years and we enjoyed every moment. My son is now in FS2. Great teachers and leadership. I have already attended 3 meetings already this term held by the deputy head which we're very useful, infofmative and welcoming. The teachers appear happy and are always willing to chat about my sons progress and welcome back my other daughter enthusiastically. I have 1 other child who attended years 1-6 here in a different school and although I was happy with it it does not compare.
Americangal

Return to Nurseries in Dubai reviews