Conversion to Islam certificate in Dubai

Discussions and information about living in the UAE. See separate sub-forums about Working in the UAE and Visa questions for the UAE. Replies possible without registration.
Forum rules
Replies permitted at present for unregistered users but registration is recommended. Off topic replies by unregistered users will be deleted.

Conversion to Islam certificate in Dubai

Postby attif_79 » 20 May 2014, 17:33

Hello,

I hope you are doing great. I have a difficulty to find right Topic to post this post.., sorry if I am posting it in a wrong Topic.

I got a question if any non muslim wants to convert to Islam and want to get Conversion Certificate, can it be given by any mosque in Dubai? he/she could go at any mosque meet Imam get convert into Islam and get that Conversion Certificate?

Many thanks.
attif_79
explorer

Re: Conversion to Islam certificate in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 20 May 2014, 23:07

attif_79 wrote:sorry if I am posting it in a wrong Topic.

I think you meant wrong sub-forum since you made a new topic. But the one you picked seemed a reasonable choice. Have moved it to a different one, not sure if it's better or just different since ideally this belongs in a religious sub-forum, and there isn't one here.

As for your question, I don't know. I'd suggest contacting the Department of Islamic Affairs in Dubai ...

http://www.iacad.gov.ae/en/Pages/default.aspx

This seems to be the only relevant information on the website, doesn't really answer your question I guess ...

http://www.iacad.gov.ae/EN/Pages/FAQs.aspx

Q6: What is the procedure to declare Islam for non-Muslims, and what are the steps for that ?

requested documents from the new Muslim (a copy of the passport and two personal photos )
Fill conversion to Islam request, and put the signature of the new muslim on it
Providing full explanation about Islam for the new Muslim by the section guide
providing the new Muslim with religious books in his proficient language
publicity Islam of the new Muslim is recognized by the staff authorized to publicity and publicity adoption in the application form of convert to Islam
transfer the request application and attachments to the employee competent to issue a certificate of conversion to Islam

Or ask for a certificate at your local mosque then take it to the Islamic Affairs Department and ask them if it is acceptable?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Dubai Courts conversion to Islam

Postby shawarma » 21 May 2014, 13:43

Dubai Courts website also has some information. It's a clumsy URL but start at the home page

http://www.dubaicourts.gov.ae/

Then follow this trail of menu items ...

Public e-Services > E-Applications > E-Requests > Conversion to Islam
Definition
Court's ratification of conversion to Islam attestation issued by a local authorized authority.

Requirements
1 Submitting the original certificate to be ratified.

Steps
1 Give a verbal advice to the certification department and submit the requirements and the identity cards.
2 Appearance with the witnesses before the competent judge for examination of the application and render the appropriate decision.
3 Submitting a sample of the certificate to be authenticated as well as the requirements and identity cards, to the certification department.
4 Revert to the department to receive the certificate after completing the information in the computer pursuant to its authentication.

There's also a link where you can register a conversion to Islam application online but the form must be completed in Arabic not English. I wouldn't use it anyway, it's not a secure page and asks for personal information like passport number.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Living in the UAE