UAE tourist visa photo is wrong

Topics about things to see, places to visit, what to do, what not to do, for tourists, friends, relatives, etc visiting the UAE. See separate forums for topics related to events, visas, and living in the UAE.
Forum rules
Replies possible for unregistered users but registration is recommended. Off-topic replies by unregistered users will be deleted.

UAE tourist visa photo is wrong

Postby rajkumar » 18 Dec 2014, 18:27

I am travelling in a family
I got tourist visa from UAE
in two female family members the photos wrongly is the same.
how to solve this problem.
we are travelling together
please advise
our travel is on 20 dec
rajkumar
visitor

Re: UAE tourist visa photo is wrong

Postby shawarma » 19 Dec 2014, 00:37

I assume you mean the two female members traveling had their photos mixed up so they got swapped on the tourist visa documents.

I don't know how important the photo is on the tourist visa but it's presumably there for a reason.

If you're traveling on 20 Dec that means you have one day to get it fixed, which is probably going to be difficult or impossible. I can think of three choices.

1. Contact or go to the UAE embassy where you are and explain what happened, see if they can either issue a document to explain the mix up or get new visas issued.

2. Contact the UAE immigration department in the emirate where you are arriving, explain what happened, see if they can issue something so you can enter the UAE without any problems.

3. Don't do anything, just enter the UAE and hope for the best. If the photos are poor quality and look the same, then you might get away with it. Or if immigration says something, say you thought the visas were issued correctly.

The risk with 1 and 2 is that you draw attention to the problem, and you can't then turn around and plead ignorance.

The risk with 3 is that immigration might not let you enter the country. But given that you don't have much time, it might be your only realistic choice.

If you're looking for someone to say don't worry, it doesn't matter, then check with a tourist agency, airline, or the immigration department. I don't have enough information to be able to say that, even though it might be a realistic thing to say. It is possible when you enter the UAE that the immigration official looks at the two visas, sees that they are different, and says no problem welcome to the UAE anyway. Or doesn't check the photos carefully. Or does and decides it's a problem.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/uae-embassies.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/immigration-uae.php
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby rajkumar » 19 Dec 2014, 04:52

Thanks for your reply . Actually one lady's photo pasted on two visas . One on correct and one on wrong
rajkumar
visitor

Postby shawarma » 19 Dec 2014, 12:40

Ok, that doesn't really change anything in my previous reply. Except maybe for immigration it's a bit easier to allow one mistake to go through than two mistakes. Good luck.

Let us know what you do and what happens.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Tourism and visiting the UAE