Atika Language School teaching job

Questionable employment positions - warnings, scams, fake jobs and hoax jobs advertised for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE.
Forum rules
Post questionable UAE job ads here for discussion and opinion. Please keep comments polite and respectful. Links: Employment agencies in Dubai | Jobs in Dubai | Teaching jobs in Dubai | Consumer rights UAE

Atika Language School teaching job

Postby joannmusni » 03 Dec 2007, 19:19

hi...my first time to post here...just wanna know if anybody knows about atika language school..i received an email from global recruiters and atika language language school saying that i got the job...have anybody heard about this language school?just wanna be sure...thanks...
joannmusni
visitor

atika language school?

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 19:20

Hi joannmusni and welcome to the forum :)

I don't know anything about atika language school and a quick search appears to indicate it doesn't exist. It's possible it's a very new institute. Are there alternative spellings of the name?

The name Global Recruiters raises a few question marks. Did you get a tel number for the school or any other information eg location? See these links for some previous information and comments...

Global Recruiters in Dubai
Deira Homeland School
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: atika language school

Postby joannmusni » 03 Dec 2007, 19:21

hi duck..thanks for that quick response...no other contact numbers aside from the number of the agency...which is the global recruiters....here is the address of the school...Atika Language School 683-686 Sheikh zayed Street,Deira Dubai United Arab Emirates, thats the only spelling i can think of coz thats the one they are using too. i had a quick search of this school too...it seems no suuch name appears to belike atika language school...well..hope anyone can help me to discover if it does exist...ive read some comments about the agency...thanks a lot...
joannmusni
visitor

Atika language school address

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 19:21

joannmusni wrote:here is the address of the school...Atika Language School 683-686 Sheikh zayed Street,Deira Dubai United Arab Emirates

Thanks for that address. That information tells me it's very unlikely the school exists (but I'm always happy to be proven wrong). Sorry to disappoint you but good luck with your job search. This information may be useful - Teaching in Dubai :).
shawarma

Postby joannmusni » 03 Dec 2007, 19:21

thanks a lot :) meaning, that address is not really existing? hmm...no address like that in deira? well, thats y i asked some of my friends working and living in deira to check the address and call the agency...u know better to be sure than to be sorry...:) thanks a lot...
joannmusni
visitor

Postby joannmusni » 03 Dec 2007, 19:22

hi...guess what...i received a "so called" - letter of employment from the school...hmm...it seems real but the way they presented the letter and contract is kinda likely make it more unrealistic..hhehehe i hope im wrong too coz the offer's too good to be true..hehehe...well..kinda exciting exp[erience...thanks duck...
joannmusni
visitor

Atika language school address

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 19:22

People who have lived in Dubai for a while will recognise the problems with that address. I didn't explain why it looked suspicious because then I'd be helping Global Recruiters fix it up, should they read this (I'm fairly sure they have seen my previous comments) :). Your friends will quickly discover if it's for real or not and let you know.

Teaching salaries are not exceptional in Dubai except at a few schools, and they are well known. Atika, whatever it is, is not one of them, and anyway, language schools never pay well anywhere in the world.

Ah yes, if something is too good to be true ;) ...
shawarma

Postby shawarma » 03 Dec 2007, 19:29

joannmusni wrote:hehehe...well..kinda exciting experience...

Dubai always is :mrgreen:

Atika Language School information on DubaiFAQs.com - but nothing other than what is already in this discussion so far. If anyone knows anything more, fire away...
shawarma

Postby islacebu » 13 Dec 2007, 20:34

hi all :) I was following this thread on ATIKA LANGUAGE SCHOOL since I also got an immediate offer from them through globalrecruiters.tk. I hope this will help. I think this is a scam too... especially since they seem to rush me into paying the application fee to someone in Nigeria through Western Union. This alone made me think twice. I got 4 phone calls from them in a span of 2 days. So beware. I'm posting the email I got from them too ( no editing on my part ).

From: "Constantine Aliliba" <atika_schools@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more

Subject: ATIKA LANQUAGE SCHOOL

How are you. [GLOBAL RECRUITER PLC] gave of your information and we have gone through your CV and we are contented with it. I also want to inform you that after the executive
meeting which took place today we the school
proprietors have made every arrangement for your arrival to [ATIKA LANQAUGE
SCHOOL] all you have to do now is to pay your application fee. After this we
shall send you some document which you will use to obtain your visa in your
country. Bear in mind that [ATIKA LANQUAGE SCHOOL] shall provide air ticket to all
chosen applicants.
Finally based on our affiliates in some West African countries, you are
hereby instructed to pay your application fee to Nigeria where our fiduciary
agent has been posted she is the one that receives all fee for [ATIKA] but she is now posted some where and every payment has to be send to here because no one is authorized to receive any fee acept her. Here is the information where the money will be sent.
Send it through western union money transfer. Do this and send me all the
information, and the moment we acknowledge the receipt of your payment we can
now send you those entire documents including your air ticket to the address
written on your application form. and CV.
NAME: EBIGARA .C. ZITA
AMOUNT TO BE PAID $160 USD
Hope to hear from you urgently
Best regard
MR CONSTANTINE

I'm also including the email I got from globalrecruiters.tk:

From: "Globalrecruiter" <globalrecruiter@globalrecruiter.ourprofile.org> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Job application form and CV

Thanks for your mail. Now that we have received your
CV we shall discourse about you in our executive
because [ATIKA] has just gotten new branches in Africa so we are making good
arrangement for it. After the executive meeting the school shall get back to ypu.
Meanwhile we remind you our condition of work again.
[1] Working days: (Mon ~ Fri)
[2] Free airplane ticket will be provided by [ATIKU]
[3] Vacation: 14 days plus all national holidays
[4] Holiday bonus: $200
[5] Medical care: 100%
[6] Salary $4,400 USD per month (No agency fees)
[7] Working duration per day is 6hours daily (9am to 3pm)
[8] Free Single Furnished Apartment Provided by Employer

BEST REGARD
LAWAL DUKE
...women are like tea.... weee!
islacebu
visitor

Postby shawarma » 13 Dec 2007, 22:33

Hi islacebu and welcome to the forum :). Thanks for that information. It looks very similar to the deal that was being offered for Deira Homeland School, also from Global Recruiters in Dubai.

The list of work conditions from the second job is quite obviously at odds with normal teaching posts in Dubai, for several reasons. I hope you understand that I don't clarify them here - I think Global Recruiters have read these posts (see what someone called Helen wrote in one of the related topics) so I don't want to tell them how to fix their ads. It's better for us if they keep making the errors (sorry, I think I might have repeated myself here :oops: ).

The one thing I will say though is that in most countries, including the UAE, it is not allowed to charge a job applicant any fee for finding a job. Perhaps that's why Global Recruiters ask for payment to be made to Nigeria - that rule may not exist there.

Good luck with your job search. There are many legitimate Dubai schools, and even some good ones :).
shawarma

Return to Job scams and hoaxes Dubai UAE