Top websites Abu Dhabi
Top websites Dubai
- www.dubaifaqs.com - well you didn't really think I'd leave that one out, did you?
- www.cia.gov - this link seems to be on almost every website about the UAE, not surprising really, the CIA factbook is a decent enough list of facts and figures.
- www.dmoz.org - DMOZ (The Open Directory) is usually a good place to start if you're looking for a directory, but the UAE section seems to be not updated very much.
- www.ecssr.ac.ae - Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research. Same website at ecssr.ae and ecssr.com.
- www.gia.gov.ae - Government Information Authority - information and statistics about the UAE
- www.government.ae - all about the UAE government, with links to various government departments, uae.gov.ae forwards to the same website.
- uaecommunity.blogspot.com - where most of the Dubai and UAE based bloggers get linked from. Plenty of good, and not so good reading. Don't go to uaecommunity.com which is a spammy website, unless you want your screen littered with popup ads.
- www.uaeinteract.com - UAE information and news. Great for the cultural and historical stuff, and picking up news from the official UAE news agency (WAM). Less useful for stuff about schools, shopping, general living in Dubai/UAE.
- www.emirates.org - they say "The most comprehensive site about UAE" but there's not much to see, and pages I checked were littered with spam links to websites for pharmaceutical products that we know all too well from our email inboxes.
- www.uae.com - nothing to do with the UAE, the domain forwards to firstplace.com which looks like one of a million sites with international newsfeeds.