- What? Abu Dhabi F1 Formula 1 Grand Prix 2009
- Where? Yas Island Formula 1 F1 track circuit, Abu Dhabi (the Yas Marina Circuit)
- When? 01 November 2009
- How much? No prices yet but for comparison, here are ticket costs in a few other F1 destinations for 2009:
Australia $30-$82 (AED 110-300) daily passes for general entry. Four-day passes $136-$2700 (AED 500-10,000)
Malaysia $37 (AED 135) to $588 (AED 2200) depending on day and location.
Monaco $68 (AED 250) to $767 (AED 2800) for day passes depending on day and location.
Update 16 January 2009: Tickets for The Paddock Club (a VIP package) at The Abu Dhabi F1 are available for £2710 - £3100 (AED 15,000 - 17,000) depending on how many days you want them for (see next post)
- Tickets from where? Abu Dhabi F1 website, or Formula 1 website (tickets for all F1 events globally), or see tel numbers below. Not available as of the date of posting this topic (10 January 2009). Register on website for Grand Stand or VIP tickets notification and further information.
- Main Sponsors? Etihad Airways
- Contact tel? 800-4870 (toll free in the UAE), or international tel +971-4-3662125
- Website? www.yasmarinacircuit.ae
The 2009 Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix is the first time an F1 race is held in the UAE, and the second in the Middle East (after Bahrain). Abu Dhabi have scored the prestigious final GP race in the Formula One World Championships. With any luck, the circuit might even be finished by November 2009 when the race starts, then again, it could be interesting to see the F1 cars dodging cement trucks and laborers on the track - it would make it a more representative experience anyway. Throw in a few speed cameras and motorcycle couriers, it'll be just like driving down the Airport Road .