Dubai Marina Mall

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Dubai Marina Mall

Postby shawarma » 14 Jan 2009, 21:05

Dubai Marina Mall opened 22 December 2008 in the Dubai Marina. A nice bonus for Dubai Marina residents with cinema, food court, restaurants, cafes, hotel, and more .... except most of the inside wasn't open right away. It's another Emaar Malls Group shopping center (they also did The Dubai Mall, which is more than 10x the size of Dubai Marina Mall, and opened November 2008). Cinemas, more restaurants and food court, and shops expected to open sometime in 2009. And of course the mad sounding "Gourmet Tower" - 7 floors of international cuisine or something. Does that mean you get cloth napkins with your MacDonalds?

The second Dubai Waitrose supermarket open in Dubai Marina Mall on 15 January 2009.

Has anyone been? What's it like?
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Dubai Marina Mall

Postby heat_wave » 17 Jan 2009, 20:32

I took a look the day after it had opened. It seemed to have potential but too new at the time and not many shops opened. The foodcourt looked nice though.
MOE still my favourite :)
heat_wave
traveler

Dubai Marina Mall foodcourt

Postby shawarma » 17 Jan 2009, 21:54

Hello heat_wave and welcome to the Dubai forums, and thanks for your comments :).

Yes, I was just there on Thursday for the first time. Looks like about half the shops are open, perhaps less. Almost nothing in the foodcourt though - only Cinnabon and one other place, forgot the name, but a couple more eateries look almost ready to open. I asked around about the cinema and it sounded like that was a few months away from opening. Should be great for residents of Dubai Marina once it does. How many people in Dubai have a cinema within walking distance :).

Waitrose opening hours are different from what's on the DMM website. Waitrose is open 8am to 11pm Sunday to Saturday, but that might change - obviously someone has put sticky labels over the original times (which were 8am-12am Thu-Sat, and 10am-12am Sun-Wed). Main mall is open 10am to 10pm. Don't know what the food court hours are. See also other Dubai supermarkets
shawarma

Dubai Marina Mall shops

Postby shawarma » 06 Mar 2009, 14:21

Looks like most shops in the Dubai Marina shopping center are open now, and most of the food court. Still don't know about the cinema opening date though.
shawarma

Return to Residents and visitors UAE