UAE residence visa for daughter

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

UAE residence visa for daughter

Postby Ronald » 02 Mar 2009, 10:25

Hi there, i just register and i find your site very good, i have inquiry, i have my daughter back in my home country and i am willing to sponsor her under mine, but i am not married with her mother and my daughter has my surname, legally she is my daughter, so how can i obtain residence visa on her in UAE? she has birth certificate with my name on it.

thanks for your help.

Ronald
Ronald
visitor

Father sponsor daughter

Postby shawarma » 02 Mar 2009, 15:01

Hello Ronald and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

If you have documents that clarify she is your daughter then you should be able to sponsor her if she is unmarried (I don't know what age restriction there is). There may be a minimum salary requirement of 4000 or 5000 dhs per month. You could check with the DNRD in Dubai to make sure you have everything you need. What I'm not clear on is whether or not you were married when your daughter was born. If yes, then that should be fine. If not, then it may be difficult. In which case you could just try and see if you are asked for a marriage certificate or not. Let us know what happens :).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: UAE residence visa for daughter

Postby Ronald » 02 Mar 2009, 17:26

my daughter is 4 yrs old only, still im not married. my current salary is 4000. but normaly they will ask for a marriege cert even if for fathers visa application?
Ronald
visitor

Unmarried father sponsoring daughter in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 03 Mar 2009, 10:55

What's important is whether or not you were married at the time your daughter was born, not your marriage status now. If you were married at the time then you should be able to sponsor your daughter (even if you are divorced now). If you were not married, then it's difficult, at least, since it is not legal for children to be born out of wedlock in the UAE (unmarried mothers who give birth in the UAE usually end up in jail). Parents having different surnames on the birth certificate in itself won't be a problem since it's not uncommon for married couples to have different surnames, especially in Arab society.

If / when you apply to the DNRD for a residence visa for your daughter, they may ask for evidence that you were married at the time of her birth. Or not. I don't know, since a marriage certificate is not in the list of required documents for family visas according to the DNRD website. I have heard of single unmarried parents sponsoring their children (who were born outside the UAE) but that was very second hand information and may be inaccurate. All I can suggest is that you either phone the DNRD helpline and ask, or just start the application process and see how far you get (and let us know how you get on :)) ... or perhaps an unmarried parent sponsoring their son or daughter in Dubai will read this and reply with first-hand information ...

DNRD website wrote:Residence permits for expatriate families in UAE

Required Documents:
  • Prepaid application form
  • 2 photographs of each sponsored person.
  • Original entry permit of each sponsored person.
  • Original passport of each sponsored person.
  • Copy of security deposit payment receipt (AED 5000) when sponsoring the parents and second-degree relatives.
  • Original copy of valid medical certificate (for those who are over 18 years old).
  • Copy of the sponsor's employment contract or salary certificate, provided that his salary shall not be less than AED. 4000 or AED. 3000+accommodation.
  • Copy of the sponsor's valid residence permit.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby Ronald » 05 Mar 2009, 12:50

thanks guys, i will update you regarding this matter so it can help others in the future.
Ronald
visitor

Postby Andrew » 08 Sep 2011, 02:03

Hi my name is andrew i want to asked if me and my wife can combine our salary to sponsor our daughter she is 3yrs old my wife is working in abu dhabi and me here in dubai our salary if combined will be 4800dhs. hope for your good advice. thanks
Andrew

Postby aysha » 23 Oct 2011, 13:51

hi good aftrnoon.
i just want to ask: i just born my baby boy here in dubai and i want to give him a resident visa in my name i have 4000 dhs. monthly salarry this will be enougth for giving my son visa and what will be the requirements more. thank you for your early reply for settled my problem. thank you so much!
aysha

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE