School of Modern Skills SMS Dubai reviews

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available for updating information or adding a topic for a new school. Links: Dubai schools | teaching in Dubai | Dubai school curriculums | KHDA

School of Modern Skills SMS Dubai reviews

Postby pancake » 16 Mar 2009, 15:54

• School Name: School of Modern Skills
  • Emirate / City / Town: Dubai, Muhaisnah 1
  • Description of school location:
  • Principal / Headteacher name:
  • Executive Body/Owner:
  • School is private, embassy/consulate run, or government (UAE): private
  • School is profit making or non-profit: profit making
  • Date school was founded (or expected to open for new schools):
  • Dates and details of major refurbishments, or relocation (past or future dates):
  • School is single or split shift (if split shift state timings for girls and boys):
  • School day start and finish times for students (both shifts if applicable):
  • Number of students (approx):
  • Girls school, boys school, or mixed: girls and boys, but separated
  • Nationality of most students, or nationality breakdown: mostly Arab, and of these, mostly Emirati
  • Number of teaching staff (approx):
  • Nationality of most teaching staff, or nationality breakdown: 99% Arab
  • Range of students (nursery / primary / secondary / K-10 / K-12 / other): K-8
  • Postal Address / PO Box:
  • Telephone:
  • Fax:
  • Email:
  • Website (preferably an English version if available):
  • Curriculum (US / UK / Indian / Special Needs / etc): US
  • Qualifications offered (IB / A-level / Advanced Placement AP / IGCSE / GCSE / O-level / CBSE / IBMYP / IBPYP / NC / etc):
  • How much are the annual fees (and what is included / excluded - tuition, sports, transport, uniforms, extra-curricular activities):
  • Breakdown of fees by grade if possible:
  • Teacher salary range per month (and details of package - accommodation, flights, medical):
  • Any other comments which would be helpful for students, teachers, and/or parents:
pancake
visitor

SMS Dubai

Postby shawarma » 16 Mar 2009, 19:26

Hello pancake and welcome to the Dubai forums. Thanks for the update :).

Information has been added to the Modern Skills School Dubai at dubaifaqs.com.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: School of Modern Skills SMS Dubai

Postby MrRousan » 08 Nov 2010, 03:17

Hello,
first i would like to thank who's ever is responsible for such a helpful site really, and i was wondering if i can ask about how can one apply for a teaching position in such a school or in any other . i'v seen what you guys have on the front page about how to do that by sending an email or even visit if you were in the country, but i still need more, knowing that i'm Arabic with a master degree in IT from Sydney-Australia and have three years teaching experience .
Thank you
MrRousan

Re: School of Modern Skills SMS Dubai

Postby ms fatin » 13 Jun 2011, 17:10

before joining as a staff one must know in this school teachers are evaluated by students poor good excellent and their length of job depend on this rating .no discipline and value ethics in school .students just dont want to study and teachers not helpful in this are asked to leave .
ms fatin

Re: School of Modern Skills SMS Dubai reviews

Postby Beware » 07 Dec 2016, 09:37

First,

I worked at this school for three months in the beginning of the year. I was so disappointed from the principal and and staff. The principal would get angry and cut teacher's salary for nonsense things. like missing break duty. The school was so cheap they never wanted to buy copybooks for students.

I hated everyday in that school. It is a very cheap school and they are not open-mined at all. Every woman teacher there must cover and wear long skirts with abayya. Staff is always running away from there.
Beware

Return to Schools in Dubai