Emerald City Nursery Dubai reviews

Nurseries, preschools, kindergartens, childcare, daycare in Dubai city and emirate. Quick reply No. Active topics Yes. Subforum in parent Yes.

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available, if required, for updating information or adding a topic for a new nursery. Links: Nurseries in Dubai | Teaching in Dubai | Education in Dubai

Emerald City Nursery Dubai reviews

Postby shawarma » 15 Mar 2009, 21:42

Emerald City Nursery in Jumeirah (ECN) - information page. Add reviews, comments, updates to this topic ...
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Emerald City Nursery

Postby chris » 20 Mar 2009, 16:56

Hi,

This nursery is not on the dubai's nursery list, it's located in jumeirah. The nursery's administration has indirectly suggested that it is not legal for the parents to send complaint letters to them since after sending one they have informed they will take legal action.

Is this true? is it not legal to send complaint letters to a school administration in Dubai?
chris
visitor

Emerald City Nursery complaints

Postby shawarma » 21 Mar 2009, 12:57

That sounds bizarre to me. A nursery, or any other organisation may not like complaints but it's in their own interests to hear them. Otherwise the complainer might complain somewhere else, like writing a letter to a newspaper, or posting in a forum, or to a lawyer who might then advise the complainant to file a case. I've never heard of anything that legally prevents someone from making a complaint to a company (and any sensible company would welcome complaints since it is free feedback that saves them paying a fortune to a survey consultant for the same information).

Of course, there are laws to protect organisations and individuals against slander or libel, so maybe it's possible Emerald City Nursery is feeling libeled or slandered and want to have a crack at the complainer for that, rather than view the complaint as a useful piece of information that Emerald could use to improve their services.

The other explanation I can think of is that ECN feel that what is being complained about is deserving of legal investigation to protect themselves, for example if a parent complained that something had been stolen, or their child was seriously injured, or ECN had been negligent in some way, or similar, however it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about.

List of Dubai nurseries includes the Emerald City Nursery (ECN) now (thanks for pointing that out).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Emerald City Nursery

Postby chris » 07 Apr 2009, 20:20

It was actually a complaint from several parents (from 70 children) about decrease in service quality in the past two years (of course the school fees continued to increased every year)(As of now 7,500 to 8,500, this will increase to 8,500-9,500 in Sept).

As an update on the issue, since no positive answer has come from the management as of yet several parents have actually decided to leave the nursery while the ones remaining are still trying to be heard, so far none of the points of complaint have been acknowledge.
chris
visitor

Postby chris » 21 Apr 2009, 19:49

Well, it might not be legal but the administration has decided to deny registration for the next term to the children of the person that wrote the letter of complaint. So the message is, if you register your children in this nursery make sure you don't complain on paper about anything or your children will be denied registration on the following term. Don't worry about complaining verbally since nobody listens to verbal complaints anyway.
chris
visitor

Postby MariaP » 27 Jul 2009, 11:16

:D Dear Everyone, I have been a parent at Emerald City Nursery for the past two years and cannot fault this beautiful nursery nor its high level of service. I was shocked to find these comments from Chris who I do not know and dont think it is a real name as i know so many of the nursery parents and they are all very happy with their childrens nursery care.

My child loves this nursery and along with other parents we are all very pleased with the high standards. I will ask the nursery management to have the false information removed from your website as it is not fair to write such wrong information. I know a few parents who caused trouble for the nursey but have now left which is good not to have troublesome people around.

From a very happy parent at Emerald City Nursery
MariaP
visitor

Postby tanya » 01 Oct 2011, 03:40

i visited the school few days a go,the principal was good person,children happy.other are sleeping !.but the school smells not nice .i couldn't wait until i went out!after the tour.

i would recomend the small world nursery you will find the difference.
tanya

Postby nishu » 04 Apr 2012, 09:16

I'm agree with MariaP. Actually as far as I know this nursery is very good.My cousin's daughter studies in this nursery and she loves it. I'm amazed to find these comments.
nishu
visitor

Return to Nurseries in Dubai reviews