(The British International School Abu Dhabi) - information page. New British curriculum with IGCSE and IB opening for September 2009 classes, up to grade 8 only with higher grades coming in later years. Information still needed ...
- Description of school location: Near Abu Dhabi University (how near?)
- Principal / Headteacher name: Appointed but not named
- Executive Body/Owner: Nord Anglia are the operators, also the owners?
- School is profit making or non-profit: Presumably profit making
- Number of students (approx):
- Nationality of most students, or nationality breakdown: Presumably British - will probably attract many of those who haven't been able to get into British School Al Khubairat (BSAK), although the lack of A-levels might put some off.
- Number of teaching staff (approx):
- Nationality of most teaching staff, or nationality breakdown: Presumably British
- Teacher salary range per month (and details of package - accommodation, flights, medical):
- Any other comments which would be helpful for students, teachers, and/or parents:
Fees range from AED 46,497 for KG1 (or FY1) to AED 53,115 for Grade 8 are about the most expensive in Abu Dhabi - comparable fees are up to AED 60k for ACS Abu Dhabi
(but that's for grade 12), and GEMS American Academy AUH
. Baring Private Equity (BPE) bought Nord Anglia Education PLC for £190 million in July 2008 (well over AED 1 billion) just before the financial markets crashed. BPE will no doubt be wanting to see a decent return on their investment. It looks like Abu Dhabi parents will be helping them to do that