[Vote] Best British school in Abu Dhabi

Schools in or near Abu Dhabi city and Khalifa City. See the other UAE schools forum for schools in Gharbiya, Ruwais, Liwa, etc

Moderator: mcooper

Forum rules
A template is available to add updates and new school information. Links: Abu Dhabi schools | Abu Dhabi new schools | Abu Dhabi special needs | Abu Dhabi study guide

Which is the best British UK curriculum school in Abu Dhabi?

Al Shohub School - girls school only after primary
5%
Al Yasmina School, K-12 eventually
25%
British School Al Khubairat (BSAK), K-12, A-level, GCSE
31%
British International School Abu Dhabi BISAD, IB only?
10%
Brighton College Abu Dhabi, planned, IB, A-level?
6%
British College Abu Dhabi (BCAD), planned, K-12 IB?
3%
Pearl Primary School, primary school only
11%
Al Muna Primary School
8%
Placeholder 2
1%
Placeholder 3
No votes
Placeholder 4
No votes
Placeholder 5
0%

Total votes : 313

[Vote] Best British school in Abu Dhabi

Postby shawarma » 29 Apr 2009, 17:56

As with the other best UAE schools topics, here's a list of British schools in Abu Dhabi, or UK curriculum schools. Add your votes, and/or comments, and or schools that you think should be included or excluded. I've tried to include only Abu Dhabi schools that have a UK curriculum and have a predominantly British student body but that list is a bit short so have added a couple more which might be of interest to parents wanting a British rather than international curriculum school. IB schools might be included if they also offer A-levels otherwise I'll save them for a best international school topic. Only British schools in Abu Dhabi city are included - I'll do separate topics for schools in Al Ain and the rest of the emirate of Abu Dhabi ... if there are enough schools to make it worth doing.

All voting and comments aside, BSAK is usually the first choice for anyone wanting a UK education with A-levels at senior levels, but nigh on impossible to get into unless you or your company has some wasta.

BISAD is a new school opening September 2009 offering IB not A-level, but is included here because many might see it as an alternative to BSAK
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Best British school Abu Dhabi

Postby fifitrixiebelle1 » 27 May 2009, 17:31

HI my husband and I are moving out to Abu Dhabi in September. We have been offered places at Al Yasmina and the new BIS. I am interested in the views of both schools. I noticed the forum mentions that the new BIS will possibly rival BSAK, however, I am unclear why that's the case. Also, how do people view Al Yasmina in comparison to BSAK and what they have heard about BIS?
fifitrixiebelle1
visitor

BSAK, BIS, and Al Yasmina

Postby shawarma » 27 May 2009, 21:25

Hello FFTB and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

I'd say BSAK is the best first choice mostly because it's well established, and non-profit. But many others think that also so it's difficult or impossible to get a place there.

Out of Al Yasmina, and BIS, I'd choose Al Yasmina unless there's some reason to put you off. They've already opened so have had a year to iron out any teething problems (there are always problems with starting something new) while BISAD is starting in September this year. If you live much closer to BIS then that might sway you more towards it. BIS would no doubt like everyone to think they will rival BSAK but I think at best, it will be a good second choice, similar to most other schools in the list above. I expect the only realistic rival to BSAK will be the new Abu Dhabi British College (which probably won't open until September 2011).
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Postby fifitrixiebelle1 » 30 May 2009, 17:40

Thanks Shawarma
fifitrixiebelle1
visitor

Postby fatherincorniche » 10 Apr 2012, 07:54

Hello,

We just moved into Abu Dhabi a couple months ago and have been trying to find school for my kid.

It is mentioned above that the new Abu Dhabi British College opened since September last year. Is it the same to Brighton College Abu Dhabi?

My next question, how would it be compared to BISAD and other British curriculum school in AD in term of teaching quality and school fees?

Thanks.
fatherincorniche
visitor

Return to Schools in Abu Dhabi