Residence visa medical center Muhaisnah?

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Residence visa medical center Muhaisnah?

Postby dubaidave » 07 May 2009, 06:28

Hi,

I have to go for a medical before renewing my residence visa, however I am unable to get any details of the procedure and location.
I have heard there bis a big new facility at Muhaisnah but cant find any details of exacly where.
Also do I need a medical card first? In the poast I have always got a medical card from the typing place but have been told this has changed.

any help would be greatfully recieved.

thynaks

Dubaidave
dubaidave
backpacker

Medical test Muhaisnah

Postby shawarma » 07 May 2009, 10:45

Hello dubaidave and welcome to the Dubai visa forums :).

There's a new DNRD office in the Arabian Center - the new mall that opened in Mizhar a couple of months back. The Arabian Center also has a medical center so is that perhaps the one you're thinking of?

There is a Dubai Health Authority in Al Khawaneej on Khawaneej Road. Tel +971-4-2892092 for more details. Or tel the Dubai Health Authority helpline 800-4991 toll-free in the UAE. The DHA website just says there's a new center "coming soon" for Muhaisnah.

The Dubai residence visa medical test is a blood test for HIV, hepatitis B & C, leprosy, syphilis, and a chest x-ray for TB (pulmonary tubercolosis). Cost is AED 210-300 (have seen different prices), or more if you want an express service.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Muhaisnah Medical Center

Postby shawarma » 07 May 2009, 10:57

Ok, there is a new medical center in Muhaisnah that opened in December 2008 :oops: . The largest one in Dubai, and has taken over medical services from Al Maktoum Hospital starting 11 January 2009. But I haven't found a location for it yet. This might be a tel number for them +971-4-5023939 (I didn't double check). If you phone the health authority and ask them, let us know what they say :).
shawarma

Re: Residence visa medical center Muhaisnah?

Postby dubaidave » 07 May 2009, 14:42

Thanks for the info.
Tried calling them but no reply so will tray again after the weekend.Will let you know what I find out. I live near Safa park and someone said I could go to Safa clinic if I was a VIP but not sure what that means.

Do I need a medical card before I can have my bllod test?

Sorry to be a pain, I have lived here 14 years, but this is the first time I have done it myself.

Thanks Again

Dubaidave
dubaidave
backpacker

Medical card blood test

Postby shawarma » 09 May 2009, 10:08

No, the blood test / medical checkup is part of the residence visa process. After you're cleared, you get work permit and residence visa, and then you can apply for a new health card.

VIP means you pay more money, it gets done quicker, and the waiting room chairs are more comfortable :).
shawarma

Postby dubaidave » 10 May 2009, 08:18

Thanks so m uch for your help.
Sorry to be such a pain. Do you know if I can still do it at the Iranian hospital?

think I will give the VIP a miss. :lol:

Dubaidave
dubaidave
backpacker

Iranian Hospital medical test

Postby shawarma » 10 May 2009, 12:19

As far as I know, you can still do the medical test at the Iranian Hospital. Tel +971-4-3440250 if you want to confirm :).
shawarma

Postby dubaidave » 10 May 2009, 12:59

Thanks. Have just been down and it says they are no longer doing blood tests due to renovation works.
Oh Well.

Gues it will have to be Deira for me.
:o
dubaidave
backpacker

Dubai health clinics

Postby shawarma » 10 May 2009, 17:16

There are possibly some closer options. There was something in the news in August 2008 that said all Dubai Primary Health Care Centers could do the blood test. Of course, just because something is reported in a newspaper doesn't mean it's true. Here are closest clinics I could find.

Al Safa Health Clinic near Safa Park, behind Choithrams, tel +971-4-3943468 (VIP only?)
Umm Suqeim Medical Clinic, tel +971-43944456 (doesn't do blood tests?)
Nadd Al Sheba, tel +971-4-3363599 (doesn't do blood tests?)
Welcare Ambulatory Care Centre, Dubai Knowledge Village (only for KV employees?)

There are supposed to be new health centers in Muhaisnah (which you already know about), and maybe Al Barsha and Nad Al Hamar.
shawarma

Postby dubaidave » 11 May 2009, 15:40

Thanks,

Got my blood test done today at Satwa. Am going to write a full how to and review should I do that here or start another topic?
dubaidave
backpacker

Medical test Dubai

Postby shawarma » 12 May 2009, 01:43

Great, look forward to that :). Um, good question, probably start a new topic - more useful for people to see the procedure at the start than after scrolling down a half dozen posts.
shawarma

Postby Muhaisnah Center » 22 Nov 2010, 13:01

Al Muhaisnah Medical Fitness Centre
Emirates Road, Al Muhaisnah 2, Al Muhaisnah, Dubai
Landmark: Near Sonapur Graveyard
P.O.Box: 4545, Dubai
Toll Free Call: 800342
Tel: 04-5023939
Muhaisnah Center

Postby KG » 15 Mar 2011, 14:28

My wife has to take the medical for residence visa. Is there a medical facility dedicated to Women only where she can go and have it done?
I heard that there is one near Karama?
KG

How to get to muhaisnah fitness centre

Postby Jenny » 01 Oct 2011, 10:19

From dubai, take emirates road n look out for exit 63. Follow the exit road , it goes right, at the first round about, take a right turn 18th street, take second right street 13a, go the end of the road n turn right. You will see a bluish low buidling n go thru the gate n on the right is the reception.good luck jenny
Jenny

Postby abhishek » 15 Oct 2011, 12:52

hey jenny..i need to go tommorow to medical fitness centre in al muhaisnah which is located next to sonapur graveyard..jus saw the road ways you hav provided us..thank u so much for that..appreciate all your help..jus wanted to ask u 1 question as u knw the roads properly..can i take the emirates road exit which comes after bin sougat mall aftr the rashidiya metro station?basically when we go straight from airport road towards airport expo..after that is bin sougat mall n thn theres a signal..after the signal theres an exit which takes us to emirates road..so can i take that n will i get the exit63 once im on the emirates road?
abhishek

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE