Hepatitis B Dubai visa?

Forum rules
Please use the UAE classifieds forum to post ads for jobs, items wanted or for sale, etc.

Hepatitis B Dubai visa?

Postby bebe » 22 May 2009, 16:56

hi!
I just want to know if somebody had a hepatitis-B can still work in dubai or somewhere in middle east countries?
bebe
visitor

Hepatitis B UAE visa

Postby shawarma » 22 May 2009, 17:55

Hello bebe and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

Sorry to give you bad news but no :(. When you apply for a UAE residence visa, the medical check includes a blood test for Hepatitis B and C, HIV / AIDS, Leprosy, and Syphillis (and pregnancy if you're a housemaid). After a change in the law in July 2008, Hepatitis B was included in the list of deportable diseases, which is now:

Hepatitis B
HIV /AIDS
Leprosy
Tuberculosis

Unclear if Hepatitis C is included or not (despite the statement in the Gulf News last year - see below). Syphillis is not deportable but is treated.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Hepatitis B C deportable?

Postby shawarma » 22 May 2009, 17:57

According to an Xpress report 03 July 2008 (www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20008423.html):

Dr Mahmoud Fikree, CEO of Health Policies at the Ministry of Health, said ... "According to the law, any person with tuberculosis will be deported. Anyone with hepatitis B will also be deported. The previous law covered hepatitis B, TB and leprosy, but it was under a different category,"

According to a Gulf News report 21 April 2008 (www.gulfnews.com/nation/Health/10207334.html):

Dr Ali Al Marzouqi, Director of General and Public Health at Dubai Health Authority, told Gulf News ... "It's for everyone - for new and renewing of visas. Anyone who tests positive for hepatitis C virus [HCV] will be deported,"

There's still a question mark about Hepatitis C though I think.
shawarma

Hepatitis vs TB patients. Can they come back into UAE?

Postby jameela » 09 Jul 2009, 20:14

How can a deported TB/Hepatitis patient get back into the country?
jameela
backpacker

Deported Hepatitis B Dubai re-entry

Postby shawarma » 10 Jul 2009, 09:21

I can only think of two ways.

1. By avoiding passport and immigration controls (which is illegal and obviously not to be recommended).
2. Wait for the law to change (which I think is unlikely).

If the person does not have TB / Hepatitis then they might be able to apply for a re-test but they should contact the Dubai immigration department for details on whether that is possible or not, and the procedure if it is.
shawarma

Re: Hepatitis B Dubai visa?

Postby Tony » 16 Aug 2010, 16:24

I saw today in the Kaleej time there is a change in the law anyone here aware of it.
Tony

Hepatitis B and C, and TB tests in Dubai

Postby shawarma » 16 Aug 2010, 17:30

Yes, I saw that too. It sounds like Hep B & C, and TB will no longer be tested. But until it's confirmed, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The KT said those tests were no longer listed on the DOHMS website, which appeared to be correct, depending on where you looked.

More here - Hepatitis test Dubai
shawarma

Postby Pakistani » 20 Aug 2010, 04:29

Hi, Good News to all who are suffering from Hepatitis B and would like to get a Residency Visa. The News published in today's news papers across the UAE is:

The NATIONAL
Rules relaxed on workers' health checks
Mitya Underwood
Last Updated: August 20. 2010 12:19AM UAE / August 19. 2010 8:19PM GMT
ABU DHABI // Thousands of people with communicable diseases could be granted work permits after an overhaul of residency medical law.

Tests for hepatitis B will only apply to six specified professions, the Ministry of Health said yesterday. It will scrap all mandatory testing for hepatitis C. Testing for HIV/Aids remains in place and any expatriate who tests positive will be deported, the ministry said."

So cheerup !
Pakistani

Postby Baggervance » 27 Aug 2010, 00:03

There was an article in Gulf News dated 19th August saying the same thing. It also goes on to elaborate that for the new entrants, they will be given treatment and for renewal the HepB tests will not be conducted.

However the immigration currently is saying that they are not the one to decide the eligibility on Health. They will stamp visa for any person whose report from DOH is given as fit. It is the DOH that needs clarifications sent to the lower level for this rule to be implemented.

If anybody has news on DOH notification to its staff who do the tests at Clinics then please post it.
Baggervance

Postby sharma » 10 Sep 2010, 16:06

hi!
I just want to know if somebody had a hepatitis-B can still work in dubai or somewhere in middle east countries?
sharma

Hepatitis B Dubai visa and deportation?

Postby shawarma » 10 Sep 2010, 17:55

I don't know about other Middle East countries but for Dubai and the UAE, the rules just changed. Residents renewing their visa will not be tested for Hep B unless they are in on of several profession groups (mostly ones involving food handling or in the health sector). However some things are still a bit unclear.

If new visa applicants with Hep B will be given treatment and a visa, or deported.

If those in the special categories testing positive on renewal will receive treatment or be deported (sounds like they receive treatment and can stay but don't take that as certain).

When the new rules actually come into effect if they haven't already been implemented.

More here ... Hepatitis B Dubai.
shawarma

Postby jai » 11 Oct 2010, 20:32

Hi, is there any update in this topic, whether already deported expat can re enter uae
jai

Re: Hepatitis B Dubai update?

Postby shawarma » 12 Oct 2010, 15:32

Yes, there was an announcement last week. Summary here - Hepatitis test Dubai.
shawarma

Postby jai » 13 Oct 2010, 21:07

Hi , Thanks for your update but there is no information on already deported expats !
jai

Postby shawarma » 14 Oct 2010, 00:23

There was some information that deported expats could apply again after 6 months, but the information was vague and I think only reported in one source, can't remember which. Contact the Ministry of Health in the UAE to see if you can get some official response.
shawarma

Postby alex coster » 02 Dec 2010, 00:25

does anyone know what the position is on if they test for herpes simplex hsv1/hsv2 and or if it precludes passing medical test?
thanks
alex coster

Postby eta » 03 Dec 2010, 17:58

hi with the new law can some want who was deported from the U A E reeten?
eta

New Hepatitis B Dubai rules

Postby shawarma » 03 Jan 2011, 16:33

Well, according to the new UAE rules for hepatitis B, most categories of workers can obtain a residence visa. But it sounds like implementation of the new law is still a bit grey, especially regarding those who were previously deported. Try contacting the Dubai Health Authority directly, or Dubai Immigration.
shawarma

Re: New Hepatitis B Dubai rules

Postby Kiyaara » 09 Jan 2011, 16:56

Can you please check with DNRD and confirm whether as per new rule in 2011, hepatitis B is done for all new bisa applicants or not? as per site which u had attached in previous comment, it says hep B is done only for 6 categories..My husband is an expat and will apply for my new residence visa under housewife category..can you please confirm whether hep B will be included? and if tested postive will it be termed as deported/banned...Kindly help me seek clarity as even the DNRD website is not clear and medical test table clearly says its for " 6 categories" only...pls help.
Thanks
Kiyaara

Re: Hepatitis B & C Dubai / Abu Dhabi visa?

Postby Noor » 27 Jan 2011, 16:02

Salam to all... thank you this topic brought up. Wanted to know if Hepatitis C employees is included as deportable case after medical test when applying for residence Visa. Thank you & looking forward to here from you as soon..
Noor

Test for TB and UAE vis

Postby ms » 13 Feb 2011, 09:04

hi
I want to know what test are done for UAE resident visa. MY chest x-ray is normal . What TB test are done for Resident visa -Chest or BLood or both. what if you are suspected to be suffering TB in the past.

ms
ms

Postby Alex77 » 16 Feb 2011, 09:50

Hey guys,
This is the link to the official Abu Dhabi Health Authority document concerning Visa Screening Standards issued in 2009.
It has a wealth of official info valid for Abu Dhabi and I'm not sure if it applies to Dubai as well.

http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=DjmUYCbLyFU%3d&tabid=82
Alex77

Postby aaa » 09 Mar 2011, 09:27

As for as Abu dhabi is concerned. i am hepatitis B positive and i have changed my company one year before . and the found me positibe. but they only ask me prove that i am living inside UAE from more then 12 months. and i got that from immigration so i got the visa.
aaa

Postby shawaiz ali khan » 26 Mar 2011, 15:25

Hello,

i want start the business in Dubai as a investor, but i am Hepatitas B, Psositiv can i apply for residency Visa with family
please help me

thanks
Shawaiz Ali Khan
from Pakistan
shawaiz ali khan

Re: Hepatitis C +ve and PCR -ve. Can i get Dubai work visa?

Postby Ejaz » 21 Apr 2011, 15:28

Hi,

I got HCV infection few months back but now get it cleared after treatment. Now i am HCV +ve but PCR -ve. I want to move to Dubai on work VISA. Is it possible to make this move? Can anyone help me in this regard.

ejaz
Ejaz

Next

Return to Residents and visitors UAE