Can a wife sponsor husband for residency Dubai?

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Can a wife sponsor husband for residency Dubai?

Postby flash995 » 25 May 2009, 04:39

Hi There

My wife starts a job in Dubai 1st August , i am led to believe that she can only sponsor me ( her husband ) as a resident if she is either a Doctor , nurse or engineer .... is this correct ? she is a Lawyer

if this is the case & i can only stay in dubai on a visitors visa , at the end of the 2 months ( after getting an extension on my orginal 30 day visa ) am i able to leave the country & then re-enter on another visitors visa ( i am an australian )

any info on this topic is much appreciated.

Regards

Shane
flash995
visitor

Wife husband residence sponsorship Dubai.

Postby shawarma » 25 May 2009, 11:40

Hello flash and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

Yes, an Australian Dubai arrival visa is available. And here are details of Dubai husband sponsorship. I would expect a lawyer comes into the category of professions where a wife can sponsor her husband.
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE