Mission Visa Dubai

Visit visas, work permits, residency visas Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE etc. Can I work on a visit visa? Who pays for my work permit? How long is my tourist visa valid for? More ...
Forum rules
Please add a follow up post if you have a question and find an answer. It will help other readers. Thanks :). Links: Visa Dubai | Dubai immigration | UAE immigration | Property visa Dubai |

Mission Visa Dubai

Postby mackee » 27 May 2009, 01:43

Hi! i just came here in dubai last april 30, 2009 as a tourist visa.. i took the exam in HAAD, AD. I passed the licensure exam and eventually proceed wd my sponsor private company in al ain for hiring procedures... they said, the HAAD license wil took about one and a half month before it will be released. so the company suggested to get me 1st a mission visa so that i can work immediately once available while waiting for my license.

just today, they called me that my mission visa application was canceled in the immigration because i have an outstanding tourist visa. they said, i need to exit 1st to other country and cancel my tourist visa then re-enter here holding a mission visa. my questions are..

1. if i will go exit from UAE, how long(days) will it wait for me outside before the mission visa will be released? - coz i really dont want to wait outside for so long as much as possible...

2. mission visa is good for 3 months, is it renewable? for another how many months? do i need to exit again to other country in order to renew my mission visa?

3. if i will be going to exit, should i go back to the country of my origin or nearer country can be?

4. if my license is already released, the working permit and the working visa is also ready, should i need to exit again?in my country of origin or nearer country can be?

thank you so much! your response is highly appreciated!:)
mackee
visitor

Dubai Mission Visa

Postby shawarma » 27 May 2009, 14:15

Hello mackee and welcome to the Dubai forums :).

The Dubai Mission Visa needs to be applied for by your company PRO at the UAE Ministry of Labour (MOL), not the DNRD. You could call the MOL for further clarification, but here's what I understand.

1. That depends on how efficient your PRO is at getting the visa organised. It should only be a day or two.
2. Mission visa is valid 90 days (slightly less than 3 months), is renewable once, I think can be done without exiting country.
3. Should be ok to any country. After new visa rules in July 2008 there were reports that visitors had to go to their home country, but I think that was changed to any country.
4. You should be ok just to transfer the visa/sponsorship, although there was a report last year that an official said Mission Visa holders did have to exit the UAE to get transferred to a new residence visa and work permit, so expect the unexpected.

There may be a restriction on what professions can apply for a mission visa, especially for females. Check with the MOL, or maybe your PRO knows.

[Update: additional Mission visa topics split from this one]

Expiry period of Dubai mission visa
Labour ban avoidance with UAE mission visa
Please use the forum for questions, not the PM system.
shawarma

Re: Mission Visa Dubai

Postby mackee » 27 May 2009, 16:05

the company's pro actually suggested me now to exit so that my tourist visa will be canceled and so that they can apply for my mission visa. thank you for your urgent response. i was enlightened. keep up!:)
mackee
visitor

Postby mackee » 27 May 2009, 16:15

hi!
wanna ask if a tourist visa has a grace period?if yes, how many days?ty again
mackee
visitor

Mission Visa grace period

Postby shawarma » 27 May 2009, 21:01

Yes, 7 days :).
shawarma

Postby mackee » 28 May 2009, 11:05

many thanks shawarma...!:)
mackee
visitor

Postby olumor » 02 Aug 2010, 11:43

@Shawarma

If my Mission Visa is expiring, it is said that it can be extended for another 90 days. Can I go back to my home country before it expires and go back with the same extended mission Visa?

Thanks in advance.
olumor

Mission Visa Dubai renewal

Postby shawarma » 02 Aug 2010, 13:26

Ah, now, you've asked one of the many questions which are too difficult for me to answer :oops: .

The reason being is that the UAE Ministry of Labour (through which you get your Mission Visa) seems to have conflicting information about whether or not a Mission Visa is valid for multi-entries to the UAE, or you have to get a new one every time you exit and re-enter. I'd suggest you contact them so see what they say, or ask the PRO at the company where you are working.

If Mission Visa is multi-entry then you should be fine.
If not, then as soon as you exit, it will expire, and I presume any extension will become invalid.
shawarma

Re: about ban №9

Postby Nodra » 04 Nov 2010, 21:39

Hi, My name is Nora! I have question for you, What is ban №9?
Nodra

Postby dimpats » 06 Nov 2010, 02:20

hello,
i currently live at some friends in Abu Dhabi and im looking for a work here. im here on a visit visa and im wondering if this mission visa is valid for Abu Dhabi and if i can issue one by myself by paying the fees without having yet an employer.
dimpats

Postby leigh » 11 May 2011, 11:03

FYI - mission visa is not multi-entry. it can be renewed for another 90 days without exiting the UAE. we have a new employees holding mission visa while on probation period, but once sponsor/company decides to issue a employment visa/residence visa and permanent labour contract to the new employee holding mission visa, the mission visa holder has to exit the UAE before the sponsor can apply for employment/residence visa.
leigh

Postby khreez » 29 Nov 2011, 12:26

Hi! everyone, it's good to hear about "mission Visa Dubai" and i just got interested, After reading some query's I think it was favorably answered.

it's good thing that in this simple forum you can get answered by somebody..thanks for you guys!

Only i have some questions which i need clarifications because i really got interested to visit Dubai.

1. Shall I come to Dubai directly from my country of origin by a Mission Visa? if yes, can i avail it thru online application by myself? What is the process? why I am asking this questions is just because of the following information and needs clarification of each item as saying;

Paragraph I-"If the applicant is already in the UAE (on a tourist or visit visa for example), they might have to leave the UAE to cancel their tourist / visit visa, and re-enter on the Mission Visa."

Paragraph 2- "A Mission Visa needs to be applied for at the UAE Ministry of Labour (MOL), not the immigration department / DNRD / FNRD (which is presumably why you won't find it on the DNRD website list of visas).

Paragraph 3- "Mission Visa application needs to be submitted by the PRO of the sponsoring company."

2. If i'm intended to go Dubai for a job but as a tourist or visit visa as my first step, what is the real intentions of mission visa now, if in case i'm not allowed to get mission visa by myself. see paragraph 4, says;

Paragraph 4- Mission Visa - this is a 90 day visa (not 3 months) for the purposes of allowing expats to work for a short time in the UAE, or for workers on probation, and is applied for at the Labour Department by the sponsoring company. It may be renewable and/or multi-entry (conflicting information supplied by official sources).

- The Mission Visa is valid 60 days before entry to the UAE, the holder can stay up to 90 days after entry, and it is renewable once for another period of 90 days.

Hoping for some clear information, pls! and thank you for all your help

Regards,

Khreez
khreez

Return to Visas and work permits for the UAE